locked out of CMax

I went to my garage to get something out of the car this evening, and found that the battery is dead.   I have a jumper battery and in the past have always been able to open the driver door lock manually to pop the hood, but this didn't work this time.   The car is a 2013 basic model, and the key has a fob with the ignition key sticking out.   When I place the key in the lock it turns in either direction quite easily, but has no effect on the lock.

I read an earlier thread that talked about using a pliers to turn the key with force, but using some force with my fingers, it felt like it had turned as much as it would turn.   I am reluctant to try to force it for fear of damage to the key or lock.

Does anyone have any suggestions?   I am off on a trip tomorrow and don't have time to deal with the dealer in the am, and need the car.

Thanks,

ERic

Thanks for the suggestion.   AAA was able to get in by prying the door enough to use a rod to pop the hood.   It seems kind of ridiculous that a car was designed that a dead battery prevents entry into the car and entry into the engine compartment.   I like the car a lot, but battery issues means I will be hesitant to buy another Ford product.

I have a 2013 and have had 3-4 dead battery experiences.  I usually do not lock my door so I can't say whether my key worked.  

I assume you have had the updates that were suppose to have fixed this problem.  Since my last update I have not had a battery problem.  In-between my last update and my first battery problem which required battery replacement, there were updates that seems to turn something off if the battery gets so low the engine won't start so I did not get the complete drain and battery needing to be replaced.  

Could you be more specific about how they got in, in case that happens to me?  I kind of figured the rod was put into the door at the rear most side of the door.  Sounds like you had a good AAA person.  Thanks.

Edited by obob

I have had all the updates and still occasionally have the problem. This was the first time I couldn't manually unlock the door.

The AAA man used a pry bar to lever the door away from the frame, inserted a balloon type object into the gap, inflated it a little to maintain the gap, and inserted a long rod with a hook to catch the hood release.

I have had all the updates and still occasionally have the problem. This was the first time I couldn't manually unlock the door.

The AAA man used a pry bar to lever the door away from the frame, inserted a balloon type object into the gap, inflated it a little to maintain the gap, and inserted a long rod with a hook to catch the hood release.

That is something I hope not to have to do.  Do you think it could have bent the door ?  I assume the pried far from the hinge or lock.  

I may want to move up my battery replacement to avoid that or perhaps wire up to the battery in a way that I can access a place to jump the car without access to battery terminals.  I also could run a test to see if that happens on my car when I get time, though not in the foreseeable future.