Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

c-max need new tire and possibly wheels too

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Britishrocco

Britishrocco

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationMontreal
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 hybrid C-max

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hi all, just bought a 2013se c-max, and it will need new summer tire in spring, so I figure that maybe I will buy new wheels too, so I won't have to go to the garage every time it's winter tire season. looking at some wheels, and found some 17x8.5, they might fit, but am concern about my MPG lost with larger wheels, should I stick with 7 or 7,5 wide wheels?. also is anybody have put 16'' on their c-max, is that a good way to save some MPG?

as for the tire should I go with narrower tires? witch LRR tire are the best right now, am looking at some continental pure contact, any review on these from c-max owner?

regards

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,116 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

In theory narrower tires (215/ 205 wide tires would have less rolling resistance if you stick with Michelin Energy Savers then it is a matter of getting diameter close, there is another thread where someone did this. Not sure it's worth it, I just use 50 psi in the tires and have gotten very good MPG's. :)

Paul

• Britishrocco likes this

#3 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,315 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:33 PM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. 

You may want to do a forum search for wheel threads. There have been several. The chassis is substantially Focus-based, so wheels are common. I put 215/60 snows on 16x6.5" steel wheels, but they were Ford steel wheels. 

Using a wider wheel should not affect rolling resistance, but this rim is outside the OEM Michelin tire's rim spec range. You'd also need greater offset if you want to retain tire position in the wheel well, and I'd be certain to match the center hole diameter, and the lug nuts shouldn't be carrying the load. 

Any chance you have the factory block heater?

HAve fun,

Frank

#4 OFFLINE   Britishrocco

Britishrocco

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 14 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • LocationMontreal
  • Current Vehicle:2013 hybrid C-max

Posted 03 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

no did not have the block heater, but it's certainly on my purchase list, even if it looks like a pain to install.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·