c-max need new tire and possibly wheels too

Britishrocco

Hi all, just bought a 2013se c-max, and it will need new summer tire in spring, so I figure that maybe I will buy new wheels too, so I won't have to go to the garage every time it's winter tire season. looking at some wheels, and found some 17x8.5, they might fit, but am concern about my MPG lost with larger wheels, should I stick with 7 or 7,5 wide wheels?. also is anybody have put 16'' on their c-max, is that a good way to save some MPG?

as for the tire should I go with narrower tires? witch LRR tire are the best right now, am looking at some continental pure contact, any review on these from c-max owner?

regards

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. 

You may want to do a forum search for wheel threads. There have been several. The chassis is substantially Focus-based, so wheels are common. I put 215/60 snows on 16x6.5" steel wheels, but they were Ford steel wheels. 

Using a wider wheel should not affect rolling resistance, but this rim is outside the OEM Michelin tire's rim spec range. You'd also need greater offset if you want to retain tire position in the wheel well, and I'd be certain to match the center hole diameter, and the lug nuts shouldn't be carrying the load. 

Any chance you have the factory block heater?

HAve fun,

Frank