Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Where to find Optional Features Listing for 2013 C-Maxes?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Locationhome
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • My C-MAX's Color:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:c-max 2013 SL

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

I am looking at getting a used 2013 C-Max and I want to be able to compare different options when looking at car listings online before I drive to the location to look at the car. Specifically, I am looking for an SEL C-Max that has the 5-speaker stereo system with HD FM (as opposed to the 4-speaker systems) and the colored accent lighting inside. However, I dont know what Ford actually calls those features nor what equipment group they are a part of.

As such, is there an old brochure on Ford's website somewhere that shows every available option for the C-Max and what the different equipment groups contain? That way I can plug the VIN of a prospective vehicle into Ford's VIN decoder and see if it has the equipment group I want before I drive to the dealer.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 490 posts
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:White Platinum
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

I am curious why you want a 2013 with the known transmission problems.  Are you going to look for one that had the transmission replaced?

#3 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 542 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

To answer your specific question, EVERY Hybrid SEL and Energi SEL should have Ambient Lighting, and every SEL with 301A, 302A, or 303A will have HD Radio, but not either base 300A.

Here are two screenshots from the 2013 C-MAX Brochure with the details:

Base model C-MAX Hybrid SE is designated Equipment Group 200A

Base model C-MAX Hybrid SEL is designated Equipment Group 300A

Base model C-MAX Energi (plug-in) Hybrid SEL is also designated Equipment Group 300A

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.42.35 PM.png   554.29KB   2 downloads

2013 C-MAX Option packages:

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.42.12 PM.png   275.47KB   3 downloads

As I understand it, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) was a special order option, and commonly added to Fleet/Rental purchase vehicles.

The colored LED interior lighting is called Ambient Lighting and was part of the Hybrid SE 201A and 203A Equipment Groups (but NOT base 200A or 202A), and ALL the 300A Base Equipment Group in both the SEL and Energi SEL.

The Ambient Lighting package is also available separately for purchase  & installation in the SE from Ford Parts as Ford Interior Light Kit cl8z13e700aa for $249.00

Edited by kostby, 01 February 2017 - 10:04 PM.

• ptjones likes this

#4 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 486 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

Personally. I'd look (at a minimum) for the 302 package because of the rearview camera. It will also have the power liftgate, with the foot activation option, which is a convenient feature.

• ptjones likes this

#5 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,294 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:00 PM

https://www.etis.ford.com/

Click the Vehicle tab at the top, enter the VIN, and you'll get a full list of open recalls and basic options.

Click Show Details and you'll get a list of all available options, showing which are on that car. 

Frank

#6 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

I am curious why you want a 2013 with the known transmission problems.  Are you going to look for one that had the transmission replaced?

Because they are the cheapest and there are virtually no changes between the year models on the CMax. How much of an issue is it really? I've read about two guys having problems on this forum, but that's out of how many tens of thousands of 2013's sold?

Edited by SPL Tech, 02 February 2017 - 08:14 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 619 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

Because they are the cheapest and there are virtually no changes between the year models on the CMax. How much of an issue is it really? I've read about two guys having problems on this forum, but that's out of how many tens of thousands of 2013's sold?

It's been more than just a couple of vehicles that have had transmissions replaced.  However, it's been done under warranty (8 yrs, 100k) so just make sure the warranty transfers to you.  FYI, the failures have typically occurred in the 30-50k mile range.

Good luck.

#8 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:19 PM

It's been more than just a couple of vehicles that have had transmissions replaced.  However, it's been done under warranty (8 yrs, 100k) so just make sure the warranty transfers to you.  FYI, the failures have typically occurred in the 30-50k mile range.

Good luck.

Do we know what the specific problem with the transmissions is and what the symptoms are leading to the failure?

#9 OFFLINE   john*thomas

john*thomas

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWV
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ruby Red
  • Current Vehicle:Ford

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

I bought a 2013 even after reading about the issue. I bought one with 40,000 miles so I'm covered for awhile and really, if I have an issue somewhere down the road I'll do what I've done with other cars. Find a low mile later one and replace it.

#10 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 490 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:38 AM

Do we know what the specific problem with the transmissions is and what the symptoms are leading to the failure?

http://fordcmaxhybri...-bearing-noise/

http://fordcmaxhybri...at-have-failed/

#11 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

To answer your specific question, EVERY Hybrid SEL and Energi SEL should have Ambient Lighting, and every SEL with 301A, 302A, or 303A will have HD Radio, but not either base 300A.

Here are two screenshots from the 2013 C-MAX Brochure with the details:

Base model C-MAX Hybrid SE is designated Equipment Group 200A

Base model C-MAX Hybrid SEL is designated Equipment Group 300A

Base model C-MAX Energi (plug-in) Hybrid SEL is also designated Equipment Group 300A

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.42.35 PM.png

2013 C-MAX Option packages:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-02-01 at 9.42.12 PM.png

As I understand it, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) was a special order option, and commonly added to Fleet/Rental purchase vehicles.

The colored LED interior lighting is called Ambient Lighting and was part of the Hybrid SE 201A and 203A Equipment Groups (but NOT base 200A or 202A), and ALL the 300A Base Equipment Group in both the SEL and Energi SEL.

The Ambient Lighting package is also available separately for purchase  & installation in the SE from Ford Parts as Ford Interior Light Kit cl8z13e700aa for $249.00

So I know that 301A does not include the backup camera, but does it include the proximity sensors that beep when you are backing up toward an object?

#12 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 486 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

So I know that 301A does not include the backup camera, but does it include the proximity sensors that beep when you are backing up toward an object?

Yes, it looks to have the real proximity sensors. The 303A has the front proximity sensors, along with active park assist.

Edited by raadsel, 04 February 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 2,987 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ingot Silver
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

I got 302A, didn't want the car parking itself, Had it on my 2010 FEH and it scared me to much. LOL :)  Backup camera works fine.

Paul

#14 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 357 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:44 AM

Does this help? https://drive.google...ew?usp=drivesdk

#15 OFFLINE   SPL Tech

SPL Tech

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

Yes, that's the exact document I was looking for. How do I input the VIN of a prospective vehicle that I am looking at and get that window sticker document?

The etis.ford.com link posted above does not say what equipment group the vehicle has.

Edited by SPL Tech, 08 February 2017 - 03:39 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·