Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Recall Notice 16S30 - Side Door Latch Replacement

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 180 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:37 AM

Well my doors seemed stiff to close in the back but never actually popped open driving down the road, I guess you have to make your own judgment call.  It does change the feel of the interior door pull slightly when you open the door but it's not unpleasant.  I was about to curse when I opened the back passenger side and noticed one edge of the plastic trim piece from the door loose, but it -was- just loose and only needed a good press to seat it back in place.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 644 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

I'm planning on waiting until I hit 30,000 miles and doing the recall and warranty inspection at the same time, but I have already gotten the letter and I won't hit 30g's until October. What do you think?

Sounds like a plan.

#23 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 430 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

Got another postcard from Ford on this recall a week ago.  Called dealer and they said parts weren't available and I would get a card from Ford when they are.

Maybe on the 1 year anniversary of the the recall?

Edited by ArizonaEnergi, 06 December 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

Got another postcard from Ford on this recall a week ago.  Called dealer and they said parts weren't available and I would get a card from Ford when they are.

Maybe on the 1 year anniversary of the the recall?

"Owners in Arizona, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, and Utah were notified in January, 2017.  Owners in the other 43 states will be notified in phases beginning in Second Quarter 2017.  Dealers should repair any affected vehicles that arrive at their dealerships, whether or not the customer has received a letter."

Maybe the issue is the red highlighted text - too many repairs with no letter and hence such repairs "used up" parts for AZ owners as AZ was suppose to be in the first wave as heat is a contributing factor of failure.

#25 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 180 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

I got the recall here in PA, I think my back doors are worse now than when they were stock from factory.  The bottom line is that you have to slam the back doors and make sure they latch - I can see some folks not doing that and thinking they are closed when in fact they are only half latched I still have to do that, even more now that I have the new "improved" parts.

I don't know if they can actually fall open or not if they are completely latched with stock from factory but the back door latch mechanism seems extra "stiff"

#26 OFFLINE   ArizonaEnergi

ArizonaEnergi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 430 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationArizona
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi 302A

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

Update - my long-term Service Advisor called today and said they DID have the replacement parts in stock and to bring it in.  They're keeping it overnight and will finish tomorrow.  I'm getting an oil change too and he called and said I was due for a cabin filter change and I took great pleasure in telling him that's the last auto maintenance item that I still do myself!

• JAZ and obob like this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·