Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members
- Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Max tire size is 225 55R17
Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:40 AM
Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.
Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:29 PM
Tire standard size is 225/50R17 V93.
Posted 02 March 2017 - 03:28 PM
I just tried installing 235 55R17 and it will not fit on §y C-Max.
When you say it would not fit, in what way? While that tire is bigger than standard, people do use snow cables so there is some wiggle room.
Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:18 PM
FYI, I went on tirerack.com to see what tires they would sell for a C-Max.
I tried to cut and paste it but it didn't work so well.
Basically, they only recommend one wider tire 235 40 19 on the front and its not 17"
They seem to be open to selling 255 40 17 on the rear. (Though I am in no way recommending this, especially with the 2013 C-Max's tendency to cup.) (This did not cut and paste right so I deleted it below.)
- Optional Wheel Diameter: 15"
- Optional Wheel Diameter: 16"
- Optional Wheel Diameter: 18"
- Optional Wheel Diameter: 19"
- Optional Wheel Diameter: 20"
Edited by obob, 02 March 2017 - 09:36 PM.
Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:26 PM
Hmmm.... wonder what the LRR characteristics were on this tire. Hybrid drivers avoid "wet pavement" like the plague and never employ "heavy braking" so these tires should be just fine! Another story here. If these things had panned out, you'd also have to select color! But, oh boy, wouldn't they have looked grand!
(Sorry for hijacking - just didn't want another whole thread for this silly post.)
- ptjones and Noah Harbinger like this
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users