My New Used 2015 First Freeway Trip MPG

korax234

Did a 140 mile round trip yesterday in 23 degree weather.  And well not quite as good as my TDI but close.

The trip computer said 37.4mpg on the trip their and 39.6mpg on the trip back. My TDI would have gotten 42mpg.

And this is with 2 adults and 2 kids so I am happy with it.  I can't wait to see the mileage when it gets warmer out. 
​I did notice the EV mode is useless when going 72mph.

All of this was mixed driving, 55 to 72 mph free way and aout 10 miles of back roads.  The total

EV miles was around 42 for the trip so not to bad.

I did notice it has great passing power but the gas engine is pretty noisy and when cold going slow the

gas engine is shaky like the rpms are to low which I thought it would be smoother.  When we test drove the car it

was in the 40's outside and it didn't do this.

Anyways have a good weekend.

I've noticed on my 16, when engine is running at a stop, and you start to go there is a bit of vibration type noises.  This is due to the large amount of torq that's being transferred.  Additionally the engine gets more fuel which makes it worse.

One thing to keep in mind, While the engine is running the MG is running in Generator mode, and the Traction motor is as well to keep control of forward force.  Once you start pressing on the accelerator pedal the Generation on the Traction is reduced and once at zero.

I also have had a loud exhaust noise with a 2 bar acceleration while what i believe the car to be in Charge mode and around 15-30 MPH.  Not sure if this is normal, but its pretty loud in the car without any music on.

Is there a way to turn this off and on?

Not that I'm aware of but perhaps, some work was done on your car which required PMI (see below) which wasn't performed.

"Noise Cancellation Microphones

Three headliner-mounted active noise control microphones (2 front and 1 rear) measure the amplitude and phase of the engine noise inside the passenger compartment. The monitored sound is converted into analog signals by the microphones, and sent to the DACMC . "The DACMC receives engine rotation speed data and active noise control microphone input signals and calculates the targeted frequency needed to cancel engine noise within the passenger compartment. The DACMC outputs the engine noise cancellation frequency to all audio system speakers as fluctuating AC voltage."

"DACMC

The DACMC is a digital signal processor that consists of an internal analog/digital converter, amplifier, and tone generator....

The DACMC operates with the ignition in RUN, ACC, or OFF. Active noise control functions only operate with the ignition in RUN. The DACMC receives audio signals from the ACM when audio is being played.

The DACMC amplifies these signals and sends them to all of the audio system speakers as fluctuating AC voltage. If the engine is running and the audio system is in use, the DACMC mixes the engine noise cancellation frequency signal with the audio signals from the ACM . The mixed audio signals are then sent to all of the speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

The DACMC requires Programmable Module Installation (PMI) when it is replaced."

Not that I'm aware of but perhaps, some work was done on your car which required PMI (see below) which wasn't performed.

"Noise Cancellation Microphones

Three headliner-mounted active noise control microphones (2 front and 1 rear) measure the amplitude and phase of the engine noise inside the passenger compartment. The monitored sound is converted into analog signals by the microphones, and sent to the DACMC . "The DACMC receives engine rotation speed data and active noise control microphone input signals and calculates the targeted frequency needed to cancel engine noise within the passenger compartment. The DACMC outputs the engine noise cancellation frequency to all audio system speakers as fluctuating AC voltage."

"DACMC

The DACMC is a digital signal processor that consists of an internal analog/digital converter, amplifier, and tone generator....

The DACMC operates with the ignition in RUN, ACC, or OFF. Active noise control functions only operate with the ignition in RUN. The DACMC receives audio signals from the ACM when audio is being played.

The DACMC amplifies these signals and sends them to all of the audio system speakers as fluctuating AC voltage. If the engine is running and the audio system is in use, the DACMC mixes the engine noise cancellation frequency signal with the audio signals from the ACM . The mixed audio signals are then sent to all of the speakers as fluctuating AC voltage.

The DACMC requires Programmable Module Installation (PMI) when it is replaced."

Would it cancel out the noise the electric motors make.  Kinda sounds like a jet taking off in EV only mode?  If it is supposed to cancel that out then it definitely isn't working.

Would it cancel out the noise the electric motors make.  Kinda sounds like a jet taking off in EV only mode?  If it is supposed to cancel that out then it definitely isn't working.

I believe only ICE. 

Try this.  Pull fuse 22 out in the rear junction box.  Open up the hatch, lift up the lid on the back part of the deck.  On the left wall is a cover.  Remove cover for access to the the rear junction box.  You may have to look in the manual to see which fuse is 22 but the fuses should be numbered.  The DMCMC is now disabled.

Drive the car over the same course and see if you notice and difference in ICE noise level with and without Fuse 22.  Also, make sure the audio system is off for comparative purposes.