Programming IA key

Hi and thanks for reading this and hopefully helping me.

I have a 2013 C-Max with Equipment Group 303A which shows it includes remote start. I bought the car used from a body shop after it had been in an accident. The key fobs that came with it are the none IA type hence no remote start button. I suspect the original keys were lost and replaced with the cheaper ones. A friend who is a technician at my Ford dealer has tried to program an IA fob for me using his computer and tried 2 new fobs but they won't program. He is now saying that the car is NOT equipped with remote start but I have my doubts.  I have been doing some reading and I understand that there might be 2 different IA keys and I think maybe the ones he got from their parts dept. were the wrong ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info it was very helpful. It appears that even though it has the 303A package it does not have remote start. I find that strange but whatever it is what it is.

On the 2013, the remote start was not included as part of the 303A package -- it only added the Park Assist and Front sensors. The remote start was a separate option, just like the panoramic roof. You can find the brochure for the 2013 C-Max here.