Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Programming IA key

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DougM

DougM

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationWhite Rock
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • My C-MAX's Color:Ice Storm
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi and thanks for reading this and hopefully helping me.

I have a 2013 C-Max with Equipment Group 303A which shows it includes remote start. I bought the car used from a body shop after it had been in an accident. The key fobs that came with it are the none IA type hence no remote start button. I suspect the original keys were lost and replaced with the cheaper ones. A friend who is a technician at my Ford dealer has tried to program an IA fob for me using his computer and tried 2 new fobs but they won't program. He is now saying that the car is NOT equipped with remote start but I have my doubts.  I have been doing some reading and I understand that there might be 2 different IA keys and I think maybe the ones he got from their parts dept. were the wrong ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 619 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

Look here http://www.etis.ford.com for details about your car.  Look under "Minor Features".  Note the site confuses Energi vs non-Energi vehicles.

There are, indeed, different FOB's.  Your owners manual is the place to start.  Just as a for-instance, my 2013 SEL without remote start has the three-button "Type 1" FOB.

Cheers.

#3 OFFLINE   DougM

DougM

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationWhite Rock

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the info it was very helpful. It appears that even though it has the 303A package it does not have remote start. I find that strange but whatever it is what it is.

#4 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 484 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thanks for the info it was very helpful. It appears that even though it has the 303A package it does not have remote start. I find that strange but whatever it is what it is.

On the 2013, the remote start was not included as part of the 303A package -- it only added the Park Assist and Front sensors. The remote start was a separate option, just like the panoramic roof. You can find the brochure for the 2013 C-Max here.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·