How many miles on your C-Max?

Spitinuri

Very impressive! What is your Life Time Score?  :) Got mine in Oct 2012.  I also hit deer and repaired around 40K mi. with 151k mi.now 75k mi. ICE so got a while to go to change the plugs.

Replaced trans at 98k mi. under warranty. :)

Two sets of tires

no injectors yet :)

Paul

I guess I am lucky I have not had the transmission go out.  It is mostly highway miles for me.  Currently lifetime mpg 37.3.  Early on I did get a 600+ mile tank of gas but I had to work at that.  It's a little harder on the fuel than my old Prius.  But... it is much easier on my back.  This car is very comfortable to drive.  I want to see how easy 300K will be.

We're at about 53K on an October 2012 car. 

- original tires, but I run snows in winter, so I guess I'm on my second set.

- no tranny issues

- brakes shot at 50K, rear rotors warped, front rotors dissolved. Very little pad wear. Regen in Rochester has a downside. 

- front stabilizer link replaced

- LF door latch replaced, after many visits under warranty for all other doors

"Intelligent Access" sounds great on paper, and it is great when it works. But there is nothing good about a system that intermittently denies you the ability to open car doors. Especially when it's cold and rainy. 

And I do look at possible replacements, but not seriously enough to test drive. This is a fun time of year!

HAve fun,

Frank

Purchased Dec. 2012.  Currently, I have 86 k miles on my C-MAX with about 65 k miles at 3-5 mph above interstate and freeway speeds.  Actual FE is 40.4 mpg.  

On my trips, I usually get killed on FE because of at least one "bad" tank due to unfavorable weather conditions.  For example, last night we returned from Pittsburgh area to eastern TN with rain / snow, 20+ mph sustained frontal, quartering wind for most of the trip trough PA, WV, and VA and temps in the low to mid 30s.  Return FE was 34.4 mpg (on the trip computer) which normally is around 40 mpg. So, actual FE was likely around 33 mpg for the 384 mile trip.

Windshield replaced twice. 

37 k miles on my second set of tires.

One alignment at 27 k miles.

... I usually get killed on FE because of at least one "bad" tank due to unfavorable weather conditions. ...

Amen, brother!

My lifetime mileage would be far higher without December, January, February and March. The less fuel you need, the more you notice things that use it.

Frank

'13 April/May build, just turned 70K mi ..my averages are around 40MPG (I will have to  watch Paul's videos after work.)  I only inflate tires to 42PSI.  Still, much better than any gas only powered crossover.  No issue with transmission to date but then again I don't do daily highway commutes with this car. 

It only just occurred to me that the tech in our vehicles is getting "older" compared to the new electric based vehicles they have coming out.  I still like it, the pano roof, the nicer interior, the "stereo" with the most inputs I've ever seen on a car, backup camera, the annoying way you have to change the parking lights (fun outside in 20F weather), "Sync by Microsoft".  I guess all that stuff will probably be standard on newer vehicles soon (except I think they are getting smarter about the "by Microsoft" part.)

Yeah, there are a lot of recalls, but then again, glad there are lots of recalls and they fix for free.

Edited by jestevens

• 4 weeks later...

Very impressive! What is your Life Time Score?  :) Got mine in Oct 2012.  I also hit deer and repaired around 40K mi. with 151k mi.now 75k mi. ICE so got a while to go to change the plugs.

Replaced trans at 98k mi. under warranty. :)

Two sets of tires

no injectors yet :)

Paul

Paul is it possible to still check/get your life time score when you regularly reset the miles with each tank of gas?  Was hoping they added up as you go along, sort of like the odometer reading increases with every mile driven.

2013 purchased new in December 2012, now with about 62k mi on it.

One new set of tires. Original set of tires would probably still be on the car...but I got the bright idea to drive for Uber for a while....and their tire tread depth requirements are ridiculous...so I bought a new set way too soon so I could qualify to start driving...probably negating whatever I eventually earned in the time I spent Ubering before I decided that having strangers vomit in my car in exchange for net minimum wage might not be the best side hustle. Live and learn.

One new windshield.

One new transmission.

One new rear seat release cable (defective on delivery).

One boatload of money upgrading the sound system.

All recalls, TSBs, scheduled maintenance.

MPG was 34.5 before the MPG software reflash, eventually rising to 38.1 after (since falling to 37.3 after transmission replacement, not sure why). Honestly I'd trade the 4 MPG post-reflash difference for how much quieter and smoother it was on the original software, but that was never offered as an option.

The main thing the C-Max has done is make me fall in love with electric motoring...which unfortunately it can do only for a mile at a time. If the Chevy Bolt had the interior quality of the C-Max, I would own one right now.

Edited by HotPotato

49,500 miles. i think original tires at 4/32 and 6/32 about due for new ones this summer. running 45-48psi

Bought used Aug 2015 with 19K miles. so far avg. 37.5mpg, best tank was 47.5 on a long trip. :) very happy with it.

Normal recalls done. 

Paul is it possible to still check/get your life time score when you regularly reset the miles with each tank of gas?  Was hoping they added up as you go along, sort of like the odometer reading increases with every mile driven.

Mike when you shut off the 2013 CMAX in the Smart Display it will show you current trip numbers for approx. 10 sec. and then switch to Life Time numbers. You can toggle up and down with up and down arrows on steering wheel.  :)

LT48.7MPG

Paul

• 1 month later...

Wow love hearing there are some higher mileage ones out there doing well!

I bought mine several months back, it's a 2013 se that had 79k on it, I'm up to 86k now, the car creaks/has annoying door seals and the rear seatback releases are broken but apart from that it has been a good car. I'm hoping to get some serious miles on it. My average so far has been 38.3 with my highest tank being slightly over 500mi. I do a lot of highway driving.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a milestone. 

What problems have you had with your car?

Just passed 200K.

Mechanical issues:  Fuel injectors at 175K,  Rear shocks 190K

I have replaced the windshield (multiple rock hits).

4 sets of tires

I hit a deer about 2 years ago 10+K damage.  Repaired at Ford dealership.

Someone forgot to tighten down one of the undercovers after an oil change.  I had to replace that.

The sunglass holder spring is broken (will get fixed soon)

A spring to the cover on the 12V access was broken and has been replaced.

Then there are the recall and TSB issues (headliner, airbags, door handle, etc.)

Brakes have not been replaced and are still good.  The transmission has worked flawlessly.  Quite honestly this car drives live a new one.

Just passed 200K.

Mechanical issues:  Fuel injectors at 175K,  Rear shocks 190K

I have replaced the windshield (multiple rock hits).

4 sets of tires

I hit a deer about 2 years ago 10+K damage.  Repaired at Ford dealership.

Someone forgot to tighten down one of the undercovers after an oil change.  I had to replace that.

The sunglass holder spring is broken (will get fixed soon)

A spring to the cover on the 12V access was broken and has been replaced.

Then there are the recall and TSB issues (headliner, airbags, door handle, etc.)

Brakes have not been replaced and are still good.  The transmission has worked flawlessly.  Quite honestly this car drives live a new one.

It sounds like you got your monies worth.  :)  And then some.  What kind of driving do you do to get that many miles?  What your Life Time MPG Score?

Paul

Almost all miles are highway.  I average 40-50K a year.  I bought this car in (Sept?) 2013 with 20K miles on it.

My average MPG is 37.8 lifetime.  Early on when I was trying to get the best mileage I did get a 600mpg tank.

Now I drive 70-75 mph and don't worry so much about getting the best gas mileage.

Edited by Spitinuri