How many miles on your C-Max?

Spitinuri

• 4 weeks later...

My 2013 SEL has about 42,000 miles. No major repairs or fixes, just regular maintenance and recalls. 

Lifetime MPG is 41. It improved with age for the first three years, and has now leveled off. 

Wondering about new tires this winter. Any recommendations?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have just crossed 220K miles.  The car is still running great.

The latest issue is related to the door latch recall.  Ever since I have had this done the front windows make that screeching noise (reminiscent of a chalkboard and nail combination).  It was initially treated with a little window grease.  On Monday we go back for a teardown and reconstruction to see if that fixes it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maxis has a strange habit of quickly losing all stored battery reserves once I turn off the ignition. By that I mean, lets say I just pulled in the driveway with almost a full charge showing. I go in the house but I comeback in 5 minutes to drive off again. I push the start button and there’s a horrible shaking as the engine kicks in. The battery on the instrumentation panel shows basically zero. Where did all my electrical reserves go? There isn’t an electrical drain running that I know of? This doesn’t happen every time, sometimes I can come back and start after 30minutes and my reserves are still there. This can’t be good? However it has been happening for over a year or more.

Edited by mtb9153

Maxis has a strange habit of quickly losing all stored battery reserves once I turn off the ignition. By that I mean, lets say I just pulled in the driveway with almost a full charge showing. I go in the house but I comeback in 5 minutes to drive off again. I push the start button and there’s a horrible shaking as the engine kicks in. The battery on the instrumentation panel shows basically zero. Where did all my electrical reserves go? There isn’t an electrical drain running that I know of? This doesn’t happen every time, sometimes I can come back and start after 30minutes and my reserves are still there. This can’t be good? However it has been happening for over a year or more.

That is strange in 5 minutes. :headscratch:  I hope someone has an idea, FORD could be expensive. :sad:

Paul

• 3 weeks later...