Needed a new daily!

Wizzurp

Hello, I recently discovered metal in the oil of my beloved 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT (Toyota Matrix XRS) and figured it was only a matter of time before the rods/mains start deteriorating rapidly. I had owned that car since 2007 and drive quite a bit for my daily commute. I needed something as big and usable as the vibe as it had to fit a car seat nicely and be able to haul a decent bit of stuff with the seats down.

Sooooo I settled on a C-Max, test drove one, it was decent for what it was and overall a nice vehicle so I picked up a 2013 SE with a little under 80k on it for 8K from a dealership. I've put a few thousand miles on it in about a month of ownership and I've enjoyed it so far. 

It is an Ingot silver SE with rear parking sensors, 8" mytouch sync setup, auto hatch lift, mood lighting, and some other options.

So far I have disabled the ANC, the fuse seemed to have no effect/control over it as the microphone being tapped still shut up the dreaded hum under load. I figured out the plug location from the microphone subharness to the body control/amp. It's in a super easy to get to spot and it definitely worked like a charm. No more horrible 100ish htz noise under load while my family is in the car. Interestingly enough the ANC never had issues when it was just me in the car, only with an additional person or two. What a pain. Anyways, I plan on adding an amp/subwoofer since the ANC is disabled anyways. 

Long winded but hello! 

• 1 month later...

I would like more info on this ANC fix. I. It is that terrible noise too and it's always worse with people in car but didn't realize that till now

Oh and Welcome!

I am actually about to make a how to with pictures so others can do this quick and easy! It's a 2-3 minute procedure and takes 30 seconds to put back if you decide it's something you want to use when driving solo/disable when you have passengers. 

Welcome!

I almost purchased an '03 Vibe GT in 2004. Car was great but that dealer was a nightmare.

Purchased an '03 Vibe Base automatic instead, and still own it.

The first thing my family noticed about the C-MAX was how incredibly quiet it is compared to the Vibe.

Yes, the cmax is like a tomb of silence compared to my vibe. To be fair the vibe has poly motor mounts and a lot of very hard miles on a motor with no balance shafts. They didn't seem to care much about NVH when they built it but man is it a fantastic car.