Shared Wi-Fi from MFT/SYNC

I was looking at the networking features embedded in the MFT or SYNC (I can't really distinguish what is what...I think MFT is the User Interface to SYNC) and saw they have the option to allow shared Wi-Fi from your blue-tooth connected cell phone.  I guess SYNC will act as a hotspot/router for your other Wi-Fi devices.  However, I couldn't get it to work.  I got my devices connected to SYNC, but I wasn't able to get any internet access from those devices.

Has any one else probe this area of SYNC yet?

If this works, I know my kids will love being able to access the internet with their tablet while in travelling in the C-Max!

Most android phones can create a wifi hotspot with tethering. I used to use FoxFi until it went commercial and the free version added a time limit. Or you can root an android phone and enable tethering without a tethering plan.

My phone is still under warranty and plan so I haven't tried to root it yet.

I did find some info on how to make it work for the iPhone if anyone is interested...

fordsyncforum.com/index.php?/topic/2791-how-do-i-create-a-rolling-hotspot/

• 2 weeks later...

i use my tmobile mytouch4g hotspot everywhere. been using my google tablet with a dash holder for nav instead of the ford. google maps are WAY better. and all my music/ and video  files stream via bluetooth into the sync system. i also have my home server wifi-ed to my tablet, so i can access 2 terrabytes of content from my home via emit from anywhere......... good stuff....