Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

ran C-Max transmission with very little oil and it ran for 1000 miles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 515 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

“I’m really proud of our little transmission. There’s no good reason that it should work at all under these conditions.”

http://theotherpta.c...x-transmission/

Edited by obob, 04 July 2017 - 03:35 PM.

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,695 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTN
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Well the CEL came on which likely indicated over temperature of the windings of the motors and / or overtemperature of the fluid.  Jessica may not have noticed any difference in performance but I'll bet operations of MG1 and MG2 were limited and ICE was used more thus likely lowering these temperatures when a DTC was triggered.  Probably why the CEL would come on and go off.

Since the Energi has a electric transmission fluid pump, a liter or so of fluid was apparently sufficient to lubricate the bearings / gears - I hope.    No way of knowing for many more thousands of miles. ;)  Jessica should have demanded a new transmission or an extended warranty.  She just documented why Ford could refuse to replace her transmission should it fail while under warranty - failure to get recurring CELs timely diagnosed.  The DTCs that trigger the CEL are stored with mileages noted.  She needs ForScan. :)

• ptjones likes this

#3 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 133 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

I've had my share of "can't reproduce" issues at the shop - not with this car but with others. 

I guess everyone needs to know that the car stores codes in memory but if the issue is as critical as consistently over-temp transmission where the windings could be cooked don't you think the CEL should stay lit? 

My 2007 Prius had the "triangle of death" icon on the dash for things like ABS failure, etc. and if you were really "lucky", a big warning triangle showed up on the LCD display when you tried to shift out of park with the "I'm not moving right now you better call a tow truck" type of messages.  (I experienced ABS warning from a bad switch on the brake pedal, but lucky none of the shift mode lockouts.)

Edited by jestevens, 05 July 2017 - 08:48 AM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·