Importing a 2013 C-Max Hybrid to the Netherlands

Baldrick

I have a job move coming up at the end of the year and we'll be taking our 2013 C-Max with us.

My new company is going to aid in the process of registering the car in the Netherlands but I wondered if anyone else has imported a US C-Max to Europe?

I'm also trying to locate a statement of what the CO2 emissions are per gram - but without much success. I've gone to fueleconomy.gov and this has the emissions as 229 grams per mile. Does that seem correct?

I have a job move coming up at the end of the year and we'll be taking our 2013 C-Max with us.

My new company is going to aid in the process of registering the car in the Netherlands but I wondered if anyone else has imported a US C-Max to Europe?

I'm also trying to locate a statement of what the CO2 emissions are per gram - but without much success. I've gone to fueleconomy.gov and this has the emissions as 229 grams per mile. Does that seem correct?

The sticker for my 2013 C-Max says 222 grams per mile. That works out to about 138 per kilometer. I'm guessing they'd accept the numbers from either the sticker (if you have it or can find it) or from the fueleconomy.gov website.

Thanks - where'd you find the sticker? I have the original sales sticker listing everything included in the car, costs, packages and the mpg.

I've heard back from my Dutch colleagues and it looks like the Netherlands will tax me €2100 for import duties. But that is well worth it as buying a car there isn't cheap.