Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 C-Max window road noise

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SanDiegoYogi

SanDiegoYogi

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:c-max

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:24 AM

I just picked up my car yesterday and right away noticed what sounds like the drivers window slightly open when it's not. I didn't notice this on the test drive. Anyone else notice this? I'm loving the car but with the radio off, or even low volume the noise is annoying!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   nmorrisii

nmorrisii

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationWashington DC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

I noticed this on my 2017 Energi, and thought it was my imagination.  I came from driving a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid.  It's not like there's a whistle or wind noise, just seems not as quiet as I expect.   I have to get my TCU replaced recently, and they gave my late model Ford Edge rental for the day.  It had the same "not as quiet" sensation.  I've learned to accept it.

#3 OFFLINE   Noah Harbinger

Noah Harbinger

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 425 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMetro San Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

I eventually noticed that the weatherstriping between the front and rear drivers-side doors folds, and when it does it lets in noticably (but not intolerably) more noise. I have yet to really resolve it, other than trying to remember to un-fold it after opening the rear door.

• kyledamron likes this

#4 OFFLINE   jackalopetx

jackalopetx

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 116 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

This car has terrible sound insulation. It's better than a Prius or Fit but less than midsize sedans etc. 

The problem is you wouldn't know this from testing in magazines and the like, because they go by noise level, which is reduced by good aerodynamics. So the car isn't itself very loud even at 90mph, you just get the outside noise. 

#5 OFFLINE   BIG ROCCO

BIG ROCCO

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 257 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPHOENIX, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:42 PM

Yeah, i notice the C-Max does transmit some road noise in the driver's door area, at least compared to my 2012 Lacrosse...which is very nice and quiet, i would say.  Maybe the weatherstrip issue Noah mentioned is worth investigating.

#6 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,421 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:40 AM

Check the door frame alignment.

It's real easy to lock your keys in the car. I did it dropping the car off for service; left the fob in the car, closed the door and it locked. The had no way to get in better than prying back the door frame and hooking the lock tab with a coat hanger. Before they "succeeded" I had my wife bring the other fob. 

HAve fun,

Frank

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·