How long did your original C-max battery last?

homestead

How long did your original C-max battery last?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. How long in years did your original C-max 12 v battery last?

• 1 year
    • 2 years
    • 3 years
    • 4 years
    • 5 years
    • Still using original 12 v battery

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
23 minutes ago, MaryB said:

According to this article (https://www.nsford.com/blogs/2500/driving-tips/how-long-do-hybrid-car-batteries-last/) a lithium ion battery *may last up to 200k, and will run $1000-$3000 to replace,  excluding labor  How is that so different to the quicklane info posted above? It would be great if it were only $160!

MaryB, the C-Max has two batteries - a 12 Volt battery and a High Voltage Battery. This thread is about the 12 V battery which virtually all cars have. 

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Can't let a good thread die, or my battery for that matter.  But I finally replaced my regular battery at just over 8 years.  I really wanted to replace it with another Motorcraft, after that outstanding performance, but no one had it in stock.  I hope I get half that in this AutoZone battery.

IMG_3279.JPG

Mine was about the same. My '13 had its battery replaced here back in December after it finally started giving up the ghost and required a jump start one day (also had some other telltale signs such as my IPC blanking out briefly on startup or the 'System off to save battery' message appearing briefly on startup). Best I could tell based on the internal battery age counter in the vehicle is it was possibly the one from the factory. At worst it was at least 4 1/2 years old or more as that's how long I've owned it and I haven't had the battery replaced in that time period.

• 1 month later...

Just a few reminders on the 12v battery. In the USA there are only 3-4 major makers of auto 12v flooded lead acid batteries, regardless of the brand. Different brands are very likely to have the same maker. The 67R code battery is mostly only used in a limited number & years of Ford models, further increasing the odds of same maker/ different brand. Sadly this also increases the chances that a battery you buy may be NOS [new-old-stock]. It is suggested that a lead acid battery be installed & used within 6 months of being produced. If you need to replace your 12v be sure to check the date of production [not date of sale] before purchase. Different makers use different formats for date [MM/YY, YY/MM or other codes [letter for year]. Thanks for the read.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:31 PM, Lacienega said:

I bought my battery from Ford and it was fresh....actually got a much better price than from any other retailers to my surprise. So I suggest to check the price at your Ford dealer first before you get a new battery.

This. Mine was about $200 out the door at my dealer. Around $130 for the battery itself, the rest was labor and other fees/taxes. Won't find it too much cheaper at the normal auto parts stores for the battery alone.

$130 from my Ford dealer - battery and installation.  I thought it was a good deal.  I bought two used C-Maxs (one in 2018 - a 2016 - and one in 2020 - a 2017) and replaced the batteries after purchase just to have a 'clean slate' and know the age of the battery.  My plan is to replace them after 5 years.  I know they can last longer but I'd prefer 'safe over sorry' since I've had batteries quite a the most opportune times in the past. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

8 years.  Bought new in Reno, Nv in 2013.  Moved to Boise, Idaho area after 4 years.  Never garaged.  To be honest, after about 6 years, there were a few times when we went to leave, and the battery was "dead".   Put the charger on it a few minutes, and off we went.  Always thought that maybe a light was left on, because it was very rare.   Just decided to not push my luck after 8 years.

• 4 weeks later...