In Defense of a (paid off) C-Max

fotomoto

Interesting and a bit shocking actually:

• The idea that EV mode costs you nothing for fuel - bogus.  Plus, I don't see where $2500 came from.
  • About electrification: "We won't be able to avoid the technology, and that's okay."  Like we want to avoid it!  People still think there's something "wrong" with electric cars - something to be avoided.
  • About car payments: "...not having one seemed strange and unnerving."  Wow!  More like having one should be unnerving (even though necessary).

Anyway, glad he likes and is keeping his car but stuff like this is why I give about zero attention to all these car write-ups.

if I drove "58 miles to work" I can see wanting the drive be over as quickly as possible without getting a ticket.  ( that is a big hunk of time and a good candidate for self-driving car.)

36.2 is great mileage for aggressive driving in a car that a tall person can be comfortable and still small enough to allow an easy drive.

Having once been an aggressive driver, I like my choice of not so aggressive and not worrying about tickets or increased chance of road rage incident or accident.

Wow 36.2 MPG avg over 100k, he must drive it hard!...

Not driven hard, per se, just on the highway in the rust belt. 

He's getting 25% EV long term average. I see less than that in long trips, implying a lot of highway miles even if he didn't talk about a long commute. He's also got snows, which may add rolling resistance depending on the brand, and implies he does a lot of winter driving. I have tanks below 33 MPG in mostly highway winter driving. 

It's part of what makes Recumpence's mileage impressive; winter uses more fuel for most of us.

Have fun,

Frank