My three year review

markd

2.5 years for me on a 2013 bought when it was 18 months old.  41k miles currently.

Not as problem free as yours:

rear brake rotors scored - pads were replaced and rotors turned before I bought it (so within 18 months from new)

loud droning noise in cold weather at medium engine load - likely the noise cancellation system malfunctioning; fixed by a routine firmware update

(no indication from Ford this was supposed to fix the problem - but it fixed it)

mystery 12v battery drain so no start - also fixed by firmware.  original 12v battery still fine.

thumpetty noise over low speed bumps - dealer replaced front sway bar links under warranty.  helped.

thumpetty noise over low speed bumps from rear - dealer replaced rear shocks under warranty, apparently unneeded. Not great diagnosis by Ford.

After warranty expired, I replaced rear sway bar links myself, immediately fixed noise. 

Left front wheel well liner ripped out last winter by driving over a snow-concealed curb.  Car is very low and the liner has a lip that hangs down in front of wheel wheel well.

Not repaired yet.

Ford says it needs new tires at 41k. 

I get "The Works" oil change at Ford dealer, which claims to include checking the engine and cabin air filters, but it seems they never check them.

They want $15 extra to use 0 weight oil.

Drives well.  Fun to drive.  My first hybrid - love the hybrid drive train.  Like the comfy cabin. 

Has been lousy on snow with OEM tires - it gets new Michelin X-ice tires this winter.

The wipers (mostly) disappear under the hood - this space gets full of ice and frozen snow whether wipers are down there or left in service position.

On cold winter days I wish it had a plug-in cabin heater along with the plug-in block heater.

All in all, probably a better warm climate car than a cold climate car.

Thanks Paul, yes I've seen it. I have a heated garage so that's never been a concern plus I'm retired. In the winter I try to go out during the warmest part of the day when I can. I'm very happy with 42mpg.

That's great, and so that others know I keep MADMAX in the garage at night too, but I use my oil pan heater in the morning all year around to improve MPG's. The less gas you use to get up to 202*F better your mpg's will be. :)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

2.5 years for me on a 2013 bought when it was 18 months old.  41k miles currently.

Not as problem free as yours:

rear brake rotors scored - pads were replaced and rotors turned before I bought it (so within 18 months from new)

loud droning noise in cold weather at medium engine load - likely the noise cancellation system malfunctioning; fixed by a routine firmware update

(no indication from Ford this was supposed to fix the problem - but it fixed it)

mystery 12v battery drain so no start - also fixed by firmware.  original 12v battery still fine.

thumpetty noise over low speed bumps - dealer replaced front sway bar links under warranty.  helped.

thumpetty noise over low speed bumps from rear - dealer replaced rear shocks under warranty, apparently unneeded. Not great diagnosis by Ford.

After warranty expired, I replaced rear sway bar links myself, immediately fixed noise. 

Left front wheel well liner ripped out last winter by driving over a snow-concealed curb.  Car is very low and the liner has a lip that hangs down in front of wheel wheel well.

Not repaired yet.

Ford says it needs new tires at 41k. 

I get "The Works" oil change at Ford dealer, which claims to include checking the engine and cabin air filters, but it seems they never check them.

They want $15 extra to use 0 weight oil.

Drives well.  Fun to drive.  My first hybrid - love the hybrid drive train.  Like the comfy cabin. 

Has been lousy on snow with OEM tires - it gets new Michelin X-ice tires this winter.

The wipers (mostly) disappear under the hood - this space gets full of ice and frozen snow whether wipers are down there or left in service position.

On cold winter days I wish it had a plug-in cabin heater along with the plug-in block heater.

All in all, probably a better warm climate car than a cold climate car.

We get LOTS of snow here in the winter and good winter tires make all the difference (plus all the electronic traction control stuff).  No complaints here for my winter driving experience.

... Has been lousy on snow with OEM tires - it gets new Michelin X-ice tires this winter.... All in all, probably a better warm climate car than a cold climate car.

+1 

Tires are a trade-off. You'll like the X-ice in the white stuff, and they don't hurt mileage a bit. Conversely, they're only good for one summer when new. 

But I'll disagree about your climate comment; this is a fantastic winter car. Visibility is snow storms is unparalleled in my experience, and traction control can, at least, be turned off when it's a problem (some wheel spin helps in snow). It's the drive train that's in love with warm weather. Your trading mileage for passenger comfort down to 32F. Below that, it's the price of using internal combustion engines! 

Have fun,

Frank