Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Auto Wipers Not Working Well

Automatic Wipers Windshield Wipers Wiper Wipers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vonsche

vonsche

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationHillsboro, OR.
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford C-Max SEL

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Have others experienced issues with the auto wipers working poorly?  I've noticed whatever setting I have it on a lot of times they don't even come on even when the window is blindingly covered in water or they come on too infrequent.  Really annoying.  I've made sure the area in front of the sensor is clean and still seem to have poor behavior with this.  Wish the car just had normal intermittent settings.  Any ideas of fixes for this before I contact dealer to check it out under warranty?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 35 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Have you adjusted the sensitivity?  On my 2013, you rotate a ring on the right stalk.

#3 OFFLINE   cr08

cr08

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 20 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max E

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Never had any issues with mine once I got it dialed in to my liking. Took some time initially when I first got the car and it is a bit of a pain when you have to wait for it to rain to play with. But it is about perfect in all conditions for my liking.

The only super minor issue I've noticed is if it has rained while the car has sat and you first turn it on, it does take a bit of time for the sensor to register anything and begin clearing the windshield. Usually I just tap it up to mid-speed and back down to auto to give it a quick wipe.

Edited by cr08, 06 December 2017 - 10:41 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   vonsche

vonsche

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR.
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Ford C-Max SEL

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Yes I've tried adjusting it on the stalk at all different levels.  Just seems to not work well all around and even at the most sensitive level I've had it not even activate.

#5 OFFLINE   milkfat

milkfat

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle
  • Current Vehicle:Hybrid

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

I have the same issue with my auto-wipers. I recall reading that someone else had a similar issue (I don't have a link though) and the dealer ended up replacing the rain-sensor under warranty (however, the guy had to instruct the mechanic to test the sensor with a spray bottle rather than a hose!!!).

I have also read that you can disconnect the rain sensor and the wipers will work as standard time-based intermittent wipers, but I haven't yet tried it. Please let us know your experience if you end up taking it to the dealer... I'm sure I'll make it there myself eventually. 

• obob likes this

#6 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 423 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

After replacing the windshield on our car the wipers were only working correctly sometimes.  Ford dealer replaced the sensor

fixing the problem.  When they replaced the windshield I don't think they did a good job glueing the sensor back on as it

appeared cloudy.

• obob likes this

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Automatic Wipers, Windshield Wipers, Wiper, Wipers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·