Thinking about buying used Energi

WoodLark

My current car, a 2014 Ford Focus SE was totaled in an accident about a month ago. I have been looking for a replacement since. I have found a 2015 C-Max Energi SEL. I would like to know what everyone thinks about the 2015, and are there any specific problem areas I should watch out for?

I know you said you wanted things that might go wrong but I'll mention this:

The Energi vs the C-Max hybrid - the Energi has less space(less height) in the back storage compartment due the bigger battery and there is not a flat surface when the seats are down.

To get 240 Volt charging instead of 110 Volt charging you need some extra equipment.

The extra battery is something I would like if it were not for the loss of space and extra cost.  It would mean a warmer car in the winter for I would use the heat more on short trips and I suspect it would have the potential for some awesome gas mileage.

There is also a forum like this specifically for the Energi.    http://fordcmaxenergiforum.com/  [ which I later realized you already know about ]

Keep in mind a 2016 would get you what many people would say is a superior sound system.

You might want to check out cars.com for other C-Max energi to get a better idea of what they are going for.  As I see it. he resell value of C-Maxes makes it attractive to be a buyer.

PS: There will be no spare tire.  Some people, including me, have gotten a spare.  There is a tire box that has a pump and a sealant.  I have the spare in the back which in the Energi is already less spacious.

Edited by obob