Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Ford Fusion going away

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 207 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

Leaving in 2020 either to China, or completely away:

https://jalopnik.com...hina-1821265164

From what I have read, in 2020 Ford will have the mysterious E as well as hybrid versions of several existing vehicles including likely the Escape and several bigger vehicles.  New Ford CEO Hackett seems to be cost-cutting and axing low profit and low volume lines.   An hour's labor building an F150 is worth much more than the same hour building a Focus or C-max.    As a result, Ford appears to be pulling back from the very competitive and low profit small car business.  This may even include mid-sized sedans like the Fusion hybrid, and that would apparently spell the end of the hybrid drive-train shared by Fusion and C-max.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 856 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Whatever they are called and wherever they are made, future models need to be designed "ground up" as EVs / PHEVs with batteries under the floor where they belong.  That reason alone means the C-Max and Fusion (as now designed) will go away.  But I sure hope the replacements (Model E variants?) are made here.

• kyledamron and cr08 like this

#3 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:52 PM

Ground up design of new hybrids should allow battery to be under car, as with Tesla.  That would be a considerable advantage.  Otherwise the Fusion/C-max hybrid drivetrain fits under the hood pretty well.

• ptjones and kyledamron like this

#4 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

Motor Trend also has a story on cloudy future of Fusion.  Says Fusion will cease production in NA and Europe, but Ford denies they will import Fusion from China. Fusion sales down 22% this year.

http://www.motortren...-north-america/

#5 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 604 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

Motor Trend also has a story on cloudy future of Fusion.  Says Fusion will cease production in NA and Europe, but Ford denies they will import Fusion from China. Fusion sales down 22% this year.

http://www.motortren...-north-america/

Maybe they'll import the Mondeo instead. For those not aware, the Fusion is sold in much of the world as the Mondeo. By bringing it in as a "new model," particularly if done the same year as a major refresh, they can keep their "promise" to not import the Fusion. I could see it happening, both to improve the optics of moving production to China, as well as hoping the new name (making people think it is actually a new model) will help drive more sales.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·