Loud roar

CassidyB

Add my C-max to the list of bad transmissions. 2013 purchased new September 2012. Roar started around 60k. Currently at 62k. Local dealer is currently trying to determine damage. Really hate the Focus rental , but kind of nice not dwelling on MPGs. 80% city 20% hwy miles.

Do you have an extended warranty?  There is some concern that if the transmission issue is "outside the planetary gear set and two motors" that the 7 yr./100k mile Unique Hybrid Warranty may not apply as Ford now has a transmission kit to replace just the failed bearing / gear that is normally the issue.  So, dealer may not have replace the entire transmission and Ford may not cover the kit fix under the Hybrid warranty.  Also, you are beyond the 5yr/60k miles "normal" powertrain warranty.

Let us know the outcome.

I recently had my 2013 SEL transmission replaced completly by my dealer. No questions asked and I paid nothing. Took a bit over a week and I had a new Focus loaner for that time from the dealer...also free. My car had 79,000 miles on it as well.

That's the way it's suppose to go. :) It did for me too.

Paul