New to any car with so many bells and whistles. Have a 2013 CMax hybrid with 42000 miles on it. Dead battery after sitting for 13 hours after I finished work. Have an appointment with dealer in July to run diagnostics. I can’t deal with worrying I’m going to have a dead battery at any time. So questions:
1. What’s the quickest way to get this car running without jumper cables?
2. What’s the best way to check the battery to see if it’s low?
3. I hate not having a spare, used that stupid kit in a panic....how do I get the kit replaced and what do ppl do if they get a flat?
4. The vinyl/plastic black cover that’s on the underside of the car at the front fell Dow, dragged and is now shredded. How do I get it replaced without spending a fortune?
5. Any suggestions for how to get the windshield wiper dispenser to get enough ‘umph” to actually put fluid on the windshield?
Am trying to figure out ways to live with this car which I purchased Dec. 2017 and not spend a fortune as it looks like the only way things can get fixed is by the deal which means MONEY.
A lot of people with 2013s have needed to replace batteries. I will probably replace mine before the winter.
I carry one of those small jumpers in the call. They work well for me. There is not a way to start it without jumping it like pushing a stick shift and popping the clutch.
Google "fordcmaxhybridforum.com spare tire" lot of discussion from people that have obtained a spare for the C-Max
Just a thought, does the washer fluid need to be filled ? I don't recall much discussion about windshield washer weakness.