rim size

TashaWW

Welcome TashaWW !

Here is a thread with people discussing spare tires: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1116-spare-tire-solution-for-c-max-hybrid/

There are more:  https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&source=hp&ei=HldWWv-NJqzAjwTqrLDQCw&q=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+spare+tire&oq=fordcmaxhybridforum.com&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.35i39k1l2.1529.6299.0.12006.25.19.0.0.0.0.1142.4703.0j2j4j2j0j1j1j1.11.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..14.11.4695.0..0j0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i10k1.0.MO0EdogRzzM  (This is a google search.  I find google a good way to search this forum.)

Here is someone with 5 OEMs to sell and is accepting best offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-C-Max-Focus-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-17-Factory-OEM-Wheel-Rim/332188556075?epid=699201675&hash=item4d57fb1b2b:g:pucAAOSwGUBaQr56&vxp=mtr

This listing includes: This is an aluminum wheel with a diameter of 17" and a width of 7". This Ford C-Max Focus wheel has 5 lug holes and a bolt pattern of 107.95mm. The offset of this Ford C-Max Focus rim is 55mm.

There may be cheaper ones on sites like tire rack.

I personally have a smaller donut spare which I bought from ebay in 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to buy a rim for a spare tire but I have no idea how a rim is sized, is it the same as the tire? Also are rear and front different? My C-Max is a 13 SEL.

Tire rims have five important specifications

- diameter

- width

- offset

- bolt pattern (number and diameter)

- hub/center hole diameter

You need to meet all five to be an exact replacement,

but

it's the last two that are critical if you want to bolt them to a vehicle. My snows are on 16x6.5" wheels, but they're Ford wheels, so same bolt pattern and center hole. It's 5-bolt, 4.5" bolt circle, 2.5" center hole. Metric equivalents are 107.95 and 63.5mm

All four wheels are the same size. 

There are three options for a spare

- compact spare tire from any of the larger Ford sedans (Taurus, Fusion) will work, as the links describe, but it's a short-term fix.

- full size spare; a refurbished OEM wheel has advantages

- full size alternate tire; I have a set of snows so I use one of them when I need a spare tire (only once so far). 

Don't forget the jack and lug wrench. And a way to tie it down in back, so it doesn't try to come forward when you stop. 

Have fun,

Frank