Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Loud roar update

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CassidyB

CassidyB

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationBirmingham
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Took 3 weeks to get an appointment at Long Lewis Ford. They took my C-Max and gave me a rental 15 days ago. I called about a week ago to check on the status. Tech leaning towards transmission going bad. Received a call today from Long Lewis Ford Hoover, Alabama. They want the rental back. Their tech has the flu. It will probably be 2 weeks before they can get to my car again. Plus the tech still has two others on the rack ahead of mine. Supposedly my car is ok to continue driving.

They've had my car 2 weeks and the only thing they've done is a test drive and now they want the rental car back.

Currently on the with Ford Customer Service

Can't believe the largest volume Ford dealer in Alabama only has one hybrid tech.

Edited by CassidyB, 17 January 2018 - 04:20 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,606 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

That is amassing and disappointing that you have to wait. It would be nice if they would order the new trans now so you don't have to wait. :sad:

Paul

#3 OFFLINE   Zathrus

Zathrus

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:21 PM

Don't get too discouraged. I experienced similar delays as you are when I had my transmission replaced under warranty 3 months ago. Took 3 weeks to get tranny, then another 2 weeks to install because lead hybrid tech got sick. They wanted an in-experienced tech to take over, but I told them I'd rather wait a bit longer to have experienced lead tech continue when he got well. It's worth the wait...you do not want an in-experienced tech doing this install. Car is now as quiet as the day I bought it new. 

• ptjones likes this

#4 OFFLINE   CassidyB

CassidyB

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 142 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationBirmingham
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

Met with the General Manager, kept my cool and now have the rental until the issue is resolved.

Tech states he hears two different noises coming from the car. That's all I know as of today.

On an odd note my service advisor said that He wanted to send me some information from Ford Motor Company via e-mail...
  • ptjones and obob like this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·