New 2013 C-Max SEL owner in Chicagoland area

Duck

Hello everyone... Just a week into my new ownership of a used 2013 Ford C-Max SEL in tri-metallic White with 65K on her.  Love it.  Traded in my beloved 2009 BMW 750Li.... after 12 BMW's I decided to go for something different.  Still have a BMW X5 that the wife drives.  The Experience is a bit different.  I love the fact of geekdom on the dashboard despite the older version of My Ford Touch.  Had no problems as of yet.  Getting used to it without reading the manual.  Started to poke around and set stations for AM and FM.   Sirius seems to be activated as I can ask for specific channels  Not sure how long that will last.  I never discussed it at trade in.

I started to think about hybrids and brought home a 2012 PriusV trim 5 test ride to have the wife look at.  She HATED it.  Too low to enter without banging her head and noticed the cheaper looking interior.   Then tried a Honda Civic 2015 - she came outside and just said NO!

So I scoured the internet and found the one I bought.  I never even HEARD of a Ford C-Max until 2 days before.   We both watched videos of them on YouTube and decided to try one.   Found a dealer about 25 miles away - Dealer and sales guy said go, take it home and have wife look.  She loved it!  Went back and did all the paperwork and off I go!

Getting avg 40.1 MPG on my 15.1 commute each way to work.  Some highway on weekends for my wedding filming work so It will be a gas sipper and saver for the wallet from the behemoth 14-22 MPG 750Li I had.   Love the "leaves" and the ability to switch things up on the dash.  Voice commands work pretty well.  Still not accessed everything I want.  Navigation had some issues as the address seemed to not be available or the house address not able to be entered.  Used my suction cup windshield GPS as a backup.  One thing I miss is the HUD I had.  Over it!  I can use the window GPS for that if I feel like it.

After a week of driving it I have yet to even see one on the road....until this morning.  Same color as mine!  I have the 302A package, Pano roof.  Does not have the Parallel parking.  Not living in the city makes this a non issue.  Being a smaller car - I am sure I can park it myself anyway if needed.  Also Remote Start.   BMW's do not have that at all!  Love the hatchback.  Easier to load all my gear.  Have the automated hatch opening and backup camera too.

I do notice the cabin is a LOT nosier than the BMW's I have had.  Tires on the road and lack of sound proofing.  Not complaining.  I hear the cars on the driver door whooshing by and thought a window was down or the door not shut.

My other rides are a BMW X5 and a Honda Goldwing.

Cheers.

Joe  (DUCK)

Elgin IL

Welcome! Isn't it nice to discover an obscure, under-the-radar car like this -  a true sleeper! More than meets the eye. Since I came over from an '09 GTI, I had a similar adjustment. The Germans do all the little things oh so well, perfect to the eye and touch, and I do miss that a bit. But it's not nearly as important as the big things, which the C-Max does so well: comfort, economy, practicality, still with real driving pleasure. I'm surprised you thought it was noisy, though. My 2017 Energi is quiet as a vault. The windshield is acoustic sandwich-something, and the side glass must be 50% thicker than my VWs. Off the freeway, I crack the rear window an inch so I can hear sirens.

• 2 weeks later...

3 Weeks into it and still love this little 'Euro' car.  Getting used to feathering the gas and brake.  Still drive it like I stole it sometimes as I need to get moving sometimes. Has OK handling in the snow.   The cabin NOISE is the only complaint... getting used to it.  Sounds like I hear the tires a lot.  Not the comfy silence of a 7 series and I was not expecting it to be like that.   It does get dirty as snow up here is messy.  I love the size and my color I found.  Seats are comfy.  Not quite the luxury I had but no complaints.  Lack of an electric adjustable passenger seat is missed.   The MFT experience is good.  Getting used to it like all other things.  Like exploring.  Voice commands are wonderful.  Updates as I go!  Cheers

JOE

Softer tires will be quieter but less efficient.

I also love my 2013; I've had it for almost two years now, no regrets.  I occasionally have to pull a fuse to reset the audio, but I'm more or less used to the contortions now.

I can't find another affordable electric (I have the Energi) with the headroom my family requires.

Thanks all.  Will check the tires... been toooooo cold to do anything on the car myself.  It just works.!  Not complaining but somewhat comparing.  Not going to beat a 7 series for comfort and ride but I am truly impressed with my 2013.   It is a keeper.   I know the MPG is taking a hit as it is 20F and below for last few weeks of ownership.  Hit 40 today but will not last.  Only washed it once so far as it is too messy and gets too dirty too fast on the roads.

iPass-tollway thingy - I finally found a nice place to stick this tracker (err.. money grabber)  ... right side of the RV mirror, up high near the dots but out of sight from my view as a driver behind the RV mirror.    Really hate tollways.  But no choice.  Us greedy humans!

-Love the LED lights and color changing ability too.   

-I guess the heated seats do heat the backrest too... thought it was only the seat itself.

-Have Sirius TRIAL and like it... but a 64GB stick with mp3's works well enough too.  Voice command impressed me with finding a song by name when called out.

-Love this forum and folks responses.