Do you have any Regrets in Buying the C-Max

NCtoCAgirlie

We didn't buy ours, my Father-im-law did, and we inherited it when he passed away. I would never have considered it, so the changes it has wrought are even more surprising.

The first reason to love it - an 8 foot long rail fits, with a millimeter or two to spare:

post-1320-0-78573600-1376922689_thumb.jpg

Second, it's not a car, it's a toy! Mileage games, airflow mods, tuft testing, aero mods, grill block, chrome blackouts... lots of fun.

post-1320-0-13717400-1392311959_thumb.jpgpost-1320-0-08375600-1384655400_thumb.jpg
post-1320-0-30162600-1383531812_thumb.jpgpost-1320-0-71675900-1378167664_thumb.jpg

Spoiler Fit Sm

Skirt after detail rear

Third, and most significant, it's changed by personality, shifting my driving style away from Type A behaviour. I'm more laid back (not that I needed to be), more patient with other drivers, and I'm accelerating slower in pursuit of fuel mileage (but driving faster when the opportunity arises - you can't beat kinetic energy!). The wife and kids wonder where their father went....

HAve fun,

Frank

The 14 is my 2nd C-Max. I missed my 13 after 4 months and had to get another one

to replace it. My 14 has 4500 miles and I absolutely love this car. It's the best car I have

ever owned and I've owned more than most people ever will. Probably more than 50

cars since 1975. This car is entertaining to drive and is extremely comfortable for 

someone that's 6' 1" @ 230lbs. My current average MPG is 79.6 and it pretty much

stays there. I have trip one with 4K miles and over 101 mpg's :happy feet:

I wish I had a Prii instead of the CMax. I miss the plastics, the central 60s green LCD digital display, interior noise, and sponge steering, the acceleration by consensus (even miss the mail in ballot voting for acceleration), smaller tank (after all whats the point of carrying all that gas when you should carry less and drive less distance with a smaller one) and the better mpgs...

Thank goodness the Prii doesn't have the runaway acceleration (thats impossible in a Prii, there aren't enough votes for that), the fires...I can drop the ejection seat and the automatic fire extinguisher mods as well.

Oh Prii how I miss thee.....

- wake up -

Sorry, the caffeine just hit the blood vessels. Carry on, nothing to see here.... ;)

I wish I had a Prii instead of the CMax. I miss the plastics, the central 60s green LCD digital display, interior noise, and sponge steering, the acceleration by consensus (even miss the mail in ballot voting for acceleration), smaller tank (after all whats the point of carrying all that gas when you should carry less and drive less distance with a smaller one) and the better mpgs...

Thank goodness the Prii doesn't have the runaway acceleration (thats impossible in a Prii, there aren't enough votes for that), the fires...I can drop the ejection seat and the automatic fire extinguisher mods as well.

Oh Prii how I miss thee.....

- wake up -

Sorry, the caffeine just hit the blood vessels. Carry on, nothing to see here.... ;)

Don't forget that wonderful bowling ball handling. It's a great way to roll down the highway :shift:

.....& the Priiiiii  velourette ...............oh, the monotone-otonous of it all ......................... creepy shiver, creepy shiver ...

Just think Jus, you could call your new Pruis Monotonette,

or better yet, call her Marianette - and you could add some cabling to the velour ceiling, put a 'dummie' in the driver seat, and drive the car from the back seat -  the first PZEV  PDLV (Partial Driver Less Vehicle).

nick :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

Edited by C-MaxSea

In other news:

Apple's chief designer, Sir Jonathan Ivy, who was knighted in 2012 for his services to design - was also critical of another brand, [in a New Yorker article criticizing Motorola], suggesting Toyota's Echo model was "shocking".

"It is baffling, isn't it? It's just nothing, isn't it? It's just insipid," he said of the vehicle, which is also sold as the Yaris.

A spokeswoman for Toyota declined to comment.

In other news:

Apple's chief designer, Sir Jonathan Ivy, who was knighted in 2012 for his services to design - was also critical of another brand, [in a New Yorker article criticizing Motorola], suggesting Toyota's Echo model was "shocking".

"It is baffling, isn't it? It's just nothing, isn't it? It's just insipid," he said of the vehicle, which is also sold as the Yaris.

A spokeswoman for Toyota declined to comment.

They are hideous  :spend: 

No regrets. About the only thing I wish for is even more room. If there would have been an Escape Hybrid that gets around the same fuel efficiency, that's about the only thing that would have moved me from the C-MAX.

Agreed. Wish they didn't do away with the Escape Hybrid. Would be a perfect car/SUV size flee my wife. She rode in one of her co-workers and loved it. More normal looking than the cmax which takes some getting used to.

I certainly regret not being able to buy then (Nearly 2 years ago) at the prices available now.

Yeah, but just think how much longer you've been able to enjoy the ride. Early

adopters usually pay more for the privilege of being first. I made a better deal on

my 14 than my 13 even with the 303A package. Different dealer with a larger selection

in stock. The more they have, the better deal you can make because flooring costs are

high when they start to charge for it. Mine was only about 2 weeks on the dealers lot

and they get more incentives to move them faster.

After 20 months with my CMax I have mixed feelings. On one hand: 

- the car probably makes the most sense of all 40+ cars I drove so far

- it is a high-tech, high-efficiency car

- the more I drive it - the more I like it

On the other hand:

- I have had enough of dealing with its quirky, buggy SYNC

- seating in the CMax for 2+ hours is painful for my left knee (the design of the door armrest is worse than anything on the planet - it almost punctures my knee...)

- the interior parts become more and more loose (in my previous car - an Equinox - after 2 years everything was perfectly tight and there were no rattling noises - except for the engine - there was a recall and the service fixed it)

What will my next car be? 

I do not know yet. But - definitely - a car with a driver seat/door_armrest that will not hurt my knee and where there will be no Microsoft labels in sight. I will need a longer test drive - maybe a rental car for a few days?