New Owner in Ohio

drjohnnyray

Just brought home my 2017 C-Max home yesterday.

I saw it on the lot while helping my daughter purchase her new car.

It was a dealer loaner and was only around $17,000.00!

I only have a 5 mile drive to work, so I was looking for an alternative to driving my F150 to work everyday.

I'm looking forward to finding out how much I save on gas on my daily commutes!

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a 2018 Ford C-Max hybrid in early January. I now have a little over a thousand miles and I am averaging 41.3 mpg. The manual states to use premium fuel although you can use regular. I decided to use premium since the vehicle sips gas. The CMax handles and drives beautifully and with 188hp, it has no problem entering a highway. Good luck!

With only a 5-mile commute, I would definitely change the oil every 4 months regardless of mileage.

A C-Max has a lot of trouble warming up on short trips.  When oil doesn't warm up completely, water tends to build up in there and form acids, etc.

Congrats to Swamp45755 and drjohnnyray on your smart car buying.

A C-Max out handles and out acclerates a Prius any day of the week since it uses the excellent Focus control-blade rear suspension and sports car like steering system.  A Prius is fine, but C-Max is the smarter buy I think.   There were some problems and recalls in the first couple of model years, but Ford has mostly ironed it all out, although the C-Max's reputation suffered and persists to this day.  Very under appreciated vehicle.   

2018 is the last C-Max year, sadly.  The plant in Wayne MI where its made (alongside Focus) will end production in a month or two from now.  They will re-tool to make gas-hog Ford Ranger pickup trucks.  Cool new truck anyway.

With only a 5-mile commute, I would definitely change the oil every 4 months regardless of mileage.

A C-Max has a lot of trouble warming up on short trips.  When oil doesn't warm up completely, water tends to build up in there and form acids, etc.

Congrats to Swamp45755 and drjohnnyray on your smart car buying.

A C-Max out handles and out acclerates a Prius any day of the week since it uses the excellent Focus control-blade rear suspension and sports car like steering system.  A Prius is fine, but C-Max is the smarter buy I think.   There were some problems and recalls in the first couple of model years, but Ford has mostly ironed it all out, although the C-Max's reputation suffered and persists to this day.  Very under appreciated vehicle.   

2018 is the last C-Max year, sadly.  The plant in Wayne MI where its made (alongside Focus) will end production in a month or two from now.  They will re-tool to make gas-hog Ford Ranger pickup trucks.  Cool new truck anyway.

I think changing oil every 4 months is over kill, I think once a year would be fine. Grill Covers will also help warm up the ICE quicker. I'm currently going 15K ICE miles( 30K Odometer mi.) between oil changes and my last BlackStone Labs Report was my best and I have 186K miles now. :)

Paul

I bought a 2016 SEL with all bells and whistles except 303A last March for $19500. Have really enjoyed the car so far not even trying

for great mpg this winter - more interested in getting it nice and toasty quickly, and the heater/defrost/heated seats cuts into mileage.

The "My View" mpg shows higher than what i calculate at the pump (using regular always). I got around 44 mpg last year and it has dipped

to about 36 this winter (but the display still shows 41.3 mpg average.)

I had a couple of times where the car went into "limp mode" the dash gives you a check engine light and perhaps a "wrench" symbol

indicating need for service. You'll know it if it happens as performance drops way off, but you can still drive.

After my first visit to the dealer for service, they said it was a throttle body problem which they fixed and since then the problem has disappeared.

I think probably it was a software update too.

Sounds like you got a great deal on your 2017 unless it's just a base model. It's amazing what you can pick these up for - the sticker on mine

(it was a fleet car) was $31500 so i think i got a good deal too.

Welcome - you're gonna like your Cmax!

Edited by 16redsel

I purchased a 2018 Ford C-Max hybrid in early January. I now have a little over a thousand miles and I am averaging 41.3 mpg. The manual states to use premium fuel although you can use regular. I decided to use premium since the vehicle sips gas. The CMax handles and drives beautifully and with 188hp, it has no problem entering a highway. Good luck!

Good morning everyone! I purchased a 2018 C Max hybrid. Has anyone purchased the premium maintenance plan and if so what was your cost?

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/5353-value-of-buying-fords-extended-warranty/?do=findComment&comment=59205

https://www.google.com/search?q=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+extended+warranty&oq=fordcmaxhybridforum.com++extended+warranty&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65l2.12119j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I got mine from Anderson-Koch - big discount - prices are quoted online

https://andersonandkoch-ford-warranty.com/

though I would also check Flood Ford per hybridbear's suggestion

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

There may be others.

Edited by obob