Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

C-max sales decline in UK

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 212 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMinnesota
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:48 PM

I was wondering if the decline in C-max sales in the US was because of the hybrid drive-train.  Or perhaps early EPA efficiency woes.

But it seems C-max sales in the UK have seen a similar decline, and over a longer range of years - - down every years, and off nearly 50% from the 2011 sales high:

http://carsalesbase....ford/ford-cmax/

So UK C-max sales have slid every year since before the US version was introduced.  As far as I know, there is no hybrid version of the Euro C-max, so it is not a drop in demand for hybrids that has caused UK C-max sales to slump.    And Ford as a brand is doing well in the UK, with sales rising as the overall vehicle market there has declined.  And as far as I know C-max and other car sales are not being lost to pickups or SUVs in the UK, whereas this has been a factor in the US.

So it seems there is something about the car configuration or style or perceived value or competition that has caused a sales drop over the last 6 to 7 years.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 ONLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,637 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I just heard that all sedan sales are down across the board because consumers are buying SUV's instead with low gas prices and I'm sure FE is also getting better too.

Paul 

#3 OFFLINE   djc

djc

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:C-max SE

Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

With continued decline of C-max sales in Europe, Ford is apparently considering ending C-max production there.  I believe there was no hybrid version of the European C-max, so the poor sales indicates a relative lack of buyers for other aspects of the car, which Ford calls an MPV (multi-purpose vehicle).

http://europe.autone...ft-to-suvs-vans

European sales of Ford's SUVs and commercial vehicles remain good and profitable.

#4 OFFLINE   jmcgliss

jmcgliss

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 41 posts
  • LocationChicagoland
  • My C-MAX's Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 C-Max SE

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

What is the pattern of advertising and promotion over the same period?  Or the pattern of incentives.

Not sure you can talk about demand and unit sales without considering those variables.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·