Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now
Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

- - - - -

High Voltage Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mps1987

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Energi

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:11 AM

Hey everyone, longtime reader, first-time interacting. Appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions over the years, which significantly helped my decision to buy a certified used 2014 CMax energi. Love the car so far, averaging 55mph over the 16,000 miles driven so far, and am excited about it.

Lately, though, I've been having issues with the warning light (yellow wrench) and once with the red triangle (safely pull over). The first few times with the yellow wrench occurred after preconditioning the car while plugged into an 120V outlet; however, these lights went away upon the subsequent restart (once on Jan. 8 and one on Jan. 9, but none after that). Then, on Feb. 22, the car had the yellow wrench and red triangle, and, ultimately, I had to push it to the side of the road and have it towed to the dealer. It spent 9 days at the dealer getting diagnosed and, finally, the repair was to replace the high voltage coolant pump (I think). Thankfully, most of this was covered under warranty.

Fast forward a few days, I'm driving on EV only mode and the yellow wrench reappears and the car switches into regular hybrid mode (gas and electric). However, the light went off and didn't return upon restart. Has anyone else had issues with the high voltage system, particularly in cooler climates?

Any and all information would be helpful. I may take it to the dealer on Monday just to have it re-examined, especially because of the recent work having been done on the car. I really love this car, but I don't want it to have these issues.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 627 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

Here are some ideas - don't know the answer myself

there is also an energi forum: fordcmaxenergiforum.com

• ptjones likes this