2013 Ford C-Max

I've owned my C-Max for a couple years now. I can't remember how many miles were on it when purchased, somewhere around 70k-80k. Now it has 160,000. My husband and I have been sharing it. We live in an area where nothing is close by. We also live on a mountain. So, basically we are driving it in conditions it isn't meant for but right now have no other choice.

Anyway.

A few months ago, I noticed then when I would break, the transmission would slip. This was periodically and stopped after a few days. The shop I took it to said to bring it back if it got worse. Well, starting a few days ago the car started to overheat. The warning indicator for the engine coolant pops up every 20 minutes of driving. But no slippage yet. The car is super loud with a rumbling noise. I keep hearing it's the transmission but wasn't expecting it so soon.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Welcome lindseyedwards_94

Problems on the 2013 transmissions are pretty common and I would say is the one severe problem with the 2013s.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+transmission&oq=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+transmission&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i65.8614j0j4&client=ubuntu&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Though I haven't read much about overheating or slipping so your problem may be something different and may be reaching a critical point.

In the past most transmission were fixed by replacing the trans which is expensive, but I have read some things on this forum about another way to fix it without a complete replacement which is less expensive.

Edited by obob