Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio module (cd receiver box) needs swapping

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jujulie

Jujulie

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-max sel

Posted 31 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

I bought a used 2013 ford c-max SEL and am so excited about it. Have been driving EV since 2004 but can't afford another Leaf Lease, etc etc. Psyched to have found a hybrid I can afford and that people are nodding them!

Got a good deal on this, with high miles but excellently maintained...but the audio does not come out of the speakers. Ford tested just before I bought it and said module needed replacing (did updates, tests, etc...estimate for new install was $7-800. No.)

Pulled things apart last night to get the correct swap part number and can't find any for sale right now, matching the number on my part. I believe I have cd/satellite unit, no nav nor backup camera.

Does anyone know if I can safely swap any other similar unit in, even if I don't care about Nav? If I could get a backup camera, would love that, but I think it might be complicated.

Thanks for any advice!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·