New Touchscreen problem

erwhitham

+1 I have also had both Ford Remote Start systems and the bi-directional is definitely the way to go.  

I agree.

When I ordered the car end of July, I was given the choice of remote start or no remote start on the order form.  There was no choice of bi-directional.  That's why I'm trying to change it.  If I had known at the time, I would have not ordered it with the car and got it later.

My problem with Microsoft is their UI.

Their reliability has improved drastically in the par few years, my Windows 7 has been rock solid.

But they just don't get UI sometimes.

Our XBox interface is the most terrible thing. I have tried to spend money with on XBox Live and Microsoft makes it really really hard.

By comparison Apple makes it easy for me to give them money.

Microsoft just makes us jump through weird hoops and twists us into strange contortions.

But I am pro Microsoft now. Now they are the little guy again... :)

Microsoft owns the business desktop space but they have always struggled with small form factor hardware integration. I did Systems Integration for years and we always used Unix driven hardware SBC's to interface with corporate Windows networks.

My previous company wrote the software that controlled the fuel loading for the Space Shuttle at Nasa and their Mars Rover booster rocket test bed. All these systems were Unix based.

What OS is Microsoft using to control the C-Max, Windows Mobile?

Just found some additional info on the Sync OS, looks like the latest version is based on Windows 7.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Embedded_Automotive

Edited by darrelld

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="erwhitham" data-cid="4160" data-time="1355623467"><p>

Can you describe what you call "a small old fashioned Microsoft window"? If we're talking about an identical experience (twice for me), why is it happening?</p></blockquote>

erwhitham

It's just a small window that states its updating, I also had to reboot my phone, it's a 'Tracfone' it is the first time I have had to do a reboot, it would not pair with the Touch, It works fine now with the touch and loads the phone book, but will not send to the sync services.