Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Front Wiper Woes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 687 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

Last night, in the pouring rain (of course) the front passenger wiper stopped working.   It just stayed in its parked position while the driver's wiper did its thing.   I took a quick look 10 minutes ago and removed the screw and washer holding the wiper arm on to the threaded rod.   I tried to removed the wiper arm, but it didn't want to budge.  I'm guessing the cowling (under the wiper arm) needs to come out, so it would seem the wiper arm needs to come off first.

Any suggestions welcome.  Maybe more force (clam hammer) under the wiper arm and it will pop off?

Adrian

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 687 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Update:  Ok, so I got the wiper arm off with the help of some vice-grip alligator pliers.  It appears that the short rod that attaches to the passenger side wiper arm disconnected.  The end with the hole and rubber washer appears to have bent 90 degrees.  

My new question is:  How do you disconnect the cowling under the windshield from the windshield?

Edited by Adrian_L, 06 April 2018 - 04:08 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·