Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Seeking FE/mpg mod updates...what's worth doing?

FE mpg mods

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,681 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Well, I feel a little stupid but also excited to have figured out that my mpg can be found in different ways. I've been looking at the ongoing readout on the empower screen option (finally hit 41mpg today!), but today I checked the trip 2 readout, which I had reset at my last (2nd!) gas-up. (The pump shut off early, at 3/4 tank for some reason, which is actually what I wanted and what I did at my first fill-up, preferring not to carry the extra fuel weight of a full tank.) Anyway...the trip 2 says I'm getting 43.7 mpg! Yay!

Another dumb question, then: what is the empower mpg reading from? Some accumulation but what accumulation? Is that a lifetime reading?

From the last time you reset it with pushing down the OK button for five seconds or when it goes to zero. I always reset it when I reset trip gauge.

Paul 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 286 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

I turned off the cabin heater despite it being 50F this morning and most of the trip was EV; I went from 40MPG to 54MPG, Spring/Summer is not getting here fast enough this year, at this rate I'll be planting stuff outside at the end of May.

Edited by jestevens, 27 April 2018 - 05:45 AM.

• ptjones and obob like this

#43 OFFLINE   Jujulie

Jujulie

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Current Vehicle:C-max sel

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

I have used 3m clear film to cover my large middle grill, my fog lights, headlight seams, and inoperable body seams. Time will tell...

#44 OFFLINE   Spitinuri

Spitinuri

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 55 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationMissouri
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

Just watched a video for the air filter. Not quick, but also doesn't look complicated at all. I may crack it open and see how it looks. If it looks like my cabin filter, I'll be glad to change it. Ordering air filter now!

Can't find any videos of the spark plug change. I'm half scared to mess with it, knowing that plugs can break, get corroded onto the block, get stripped, etc. Why mess with a good thing? Unless, the plugs are crappy, the wires old and tired. Since my car has a lot of engine use from freeway driving, and I don't have any record of a spark plug change, I feel like it might be a good thing to change them. Will keep looking for schematics etc...

Got my new/used audio module installed today. Took about 10 minutes and came with a free motivational cd. Hahahaha.

The hardest thing to change is the cabin filter.  If you can do that the plugs and the air filter are super easy.  You have to lift the engine cover off in order to get to the air filter.  The plugs are right there.  a deep socket set will help you get the outer plug coils off.  The plugs are easy to change.  Good luck with everything.

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FE mpg, mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·