End of Vehicle Health Reports?

AudenHoggart

I got an email from Ford yesterday that Vehicle Health Reports will be discontinued on August 1st. 

Anyone know anything further about this?

I assume this data must be stored somewhere on the vehicle's on-board computing system.  Anyone know how to access it once the Vehicle Health Report feature goes away?

Thanks.

They're eliminating the service entirely. I believe that since the data is sent via phone to the internet through the bluetooth calling system to a Ford number that it won't be supported at all :(

They're recommending that you turn off the automatic reminders as well.

The only way I could think of to get similar data would be an OBD reader.

Someone posted on Ford FFH forum that the Oil Life Monitor (OLM) data (which is part of VHR) is available via in car menu/display:

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/12308-wow-ford-killing-vehicle-health-reports/

Pretty sure I've been through all the menus on my 2013 SE, and have never run across OLM data.

If anyone knows the menu path to get OLM data in the CMax, please let us know.  Thanks.

Edited by Zathrus

I received same Email, says service to end this August.  I get the impression that they no longer want to maintain the funky dial-up service they have set up that transmits the data via "modem" over a cellular telephone call.  I guess they figure that you've got all the information you need right there on the dash.  I thought the only way to see the Oil Life remaining was via a scan tool but I'd love to be wrong about that.

• 3 weeks later...

I just learned about this cancelling of the VHR from my State Farm agent - no email from Ford!  State Farm was using it to report miles driven for the low-mileage rate  I'm on.  Now, I assume, I'll have to drive by their office or do something else for this rate (will be calling them).

I always thought the report was rather useless, but are they continuing it for in-car display?

Does anyone know a way to get a display in-car (or off of a flash drive, etc.) of things like remaining oil life, fluids, brake status, etc.?

I always found this useful in knowing when I actually had to bring the car in for routine service (as opposed to when the dealer thought I should bring it in.)

Some of the folks here have a Bluetooth to OBD II adapter that can interface the car's onboard diagnostics with a phone app, maybe one of the phone apps can report some of those scanner codes?  I don't have an adapter myself.  I do wish it would give a little more notice on remaining oil life and which tire is low if there is low tire pressure.

I don't have an ELM adapter or the phone app but I imagine it can report on at least some of the things, although it might not be a nice summary the way that Ford did, it can basically get raw data from the car's computer.  Some other folks here who use the ELM adapters want to answer?

• 2 months later...

I'd imagine the latest C-MAX with Sync 3 probably has a better way of reporting this data, maybe they are still supporting those. 

For for my 2013 I think the last vehicle health report I have in my Email is from May and the car hasn't asked me to run a health report recently.  They used a funky sort of dial up system to transmit the "vehicle health" data for the older cars that apparently they are no longer supporting.