Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

What is the P24BE - EVAP System Leak code?

DTC EVAP P24BE Leak

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   C-Maxine

C-Maxine

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationRochester, MN
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Ford C-Max

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for awhile now doing research before buying my first C-Max. I finally did it! Bought a 2014 last night with 121k miles on it for $7.6k. It's currently displaying the P24BE code. The dealer I bought it from didn't have enough time to diagnose the issue (I arrived within a hour after they received it from auction) so they agreed to take $400 off the price because of that. The description for this DTC code is "EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Switching Valve Control Circuit Low." They had never seen this exact code before in the previous C-Max's they sold.

I am having a lot of trouble finding any kind of information online about what this code could mean for the C-Max. I searched high and low on these forums too. I appear to be the first one asking about this specific code. Can anyone help me begin diagnosing where I should go from here? 

I look forward to being part of the C-Max (and hybrid) community! 

Thank you

• obob likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted Yesterday, 09:18 AM

I missed this on this forum but responed to OP on the Energi forum.  Here's the response should anyone else get this DTC.

See below snip and attachment from the service manual.  Test HX is the procedures to check the circuits.  If the tests are negative, then the control module switching valve is replaced.  Check Fuse 46 in the rear fuse box on left sidewall in in rear hatch (see owner's manual for location of #46).  If you plan on maintaining your vehicle, you should get a service manual and ForScan.

P24BE - EVAP System Leak Detection Pump Vacuum Switching Valve Control Circuit Low

Description: This DTC sets when a concern is detected with the evaporative emission (EVAP) leak detection control module switching valve circuits.Possible Causes:

• VPWR circuit open
  • EVAPLDPSV circuit open
  • EVAPLDPSV circuit short to ground
  • Damaged EVAP leak detection control module

Diagnostic Aids:   Application   Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory All   GO to Pinpoint Test HX 

Check Fuse 46 in the rear fuse box on left sidewall in in rear hatch (see owner's manual for location of #46).

Attached File  evap module.JPG   75.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  EVAP Wiring.JPG   120.39KB   0 downloads

Attached File  EVAP.JPG   181.22KB   0 downloads

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, Yesterday, 03:13 PM.

• obob likes this

#3 OFFLINE   jmcgliss

jmcgliss

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicagoland
  • My C-MAX's Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 C-Max SE

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 PM

^^^One or more of the above highlighted links route you to malicious sites.  At least that was my experience.  Hover over them before clicking.

#4 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,883 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted Yesterday, 03:22 PM

Add the ghostery extension to get rid of this sites info links ads for the green highlighted text.  The blue underlined are good links.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·