Bluetooth refuses to connect

AllisonM84

I used to have my iPhone 6s connected to my radio through Bluetooth. For some reason or another, it disconnected and wouldn't connect again. I was told to forget the device and add it again. This worked. Now, it has disconnected again and no matter what I try, it won't connect again. 

I also have trouble when I have it connected with the cord, I often have to unlug it and plug it in several times before it works. 

Is this just because of the Mircosoft/Apple thing? Is there anything I can do to get back on Bluetooth? Anyone else have issues?

I have used iPhones with my MyFordTouch and had no issues, either though Bluetooth or connecting it through USB. One thought with USB is that the cable may be damaged, in a way you can't see, so has a short that sometimes prevents it from connecting the phone. Also, on Bluetooth, make sure you make both sides "forget", delete the iPhone from Sync and delete Sync from the iPhone.

I recently had the same issue with my Android phone. The issue started about 4-6 weeks ago by not automatically connecting maybe every third or fourth time.  I would have to manually connect it.  Then about 2-3 weeks ago, it simply would not connect until I deleted my phone from Sync and repaired.  It's been fine since.