Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

2013 Ford C-MAX backup camera blurriness - out of focus

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   willinnc

willinnc

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL

Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:33 PM

Hi,

2nd posting in this area - The image coming to our screen in the C-MAX from the backup camera is blurry and out of focus. Is there a way to remedy this? I do not know if this is from water inside the camera housing or if the camera's focus is out of whack.

Thanks for any help!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 69 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:12 AM

I bought used, and I suspect that my camera was pointed at the Sun for a while, it's always washed-out.  However, cleaning the lens *does* help.

#3 OFFLINE   kyledamron

kyledamron

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 88 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:25 AM

I recommend cleaning off the lens... that seems to help with mine. It has some blurriness as well. But it definitely gets better when it gets cleaned. And you have to do that often since the back gets so dirty.

#4 OFFLINE   willinnc

willinnc

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can get it clear by cleaning the exterior lens.

#5 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 266 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

The entire back of the car seems to suck up dirt, I guess because of the way the body is styled to improve aerodynamic performance.  I've had to clean my lens (or just take the entire car for a bath) more than once per weather season.  I guess it's possible the CCD could be damaged by exposure to the sun if it was severe/long enough but I think it's a glass lens.

#6 OFFLINE   camachito

camachito

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationApopka, Fl.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

Folks!

I tried doing all your recommendations and the blurriness/white halo didn't improve. Took it to the local FORD dealer where I purchased it about 1-2 weeks ago....I am still waiting for them to call me and tell me the camera has arrived. BTW, I asked and they didn't tell me if they were covering the cost since I had just purchased the car USED 2 weeks earlier. Long story short, I ordered a USED tailgate handle in BLACK. All the switches, lights AND camera included for $80. I am a little handy so I got the part today.....and pulled off the door trim which was too easy. Six nuits holding the handle in place, left the old wiring in place and reattached the new black handle. Panels snapped back in place......lights, switches and CAMERA work. Upside: Saved a lot of cash....The new handle is a lovely accent.......making my C-Max unique in the Orlando area. Downside: Camera is same part number as mine broken one... the close-Up feature doesn't work! I can live with that! Oh...I had purchased one of the camera's listed for the 2017 C-Max letter ending "C" for $80...it worked with the same limitation (no close-up feature) and fits perfectly in the handle.

Attached Files

#7 OFFLINE   camachito

camachito

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationApopka, Fl.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL

Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

Addendum: Those Park Assist lines that guide you in reverse (move with the steering) don't work either. :-( Still all in all I can see again backing up...guidelines are still there and sensors warn of proximity. I guess it's pretty much a mixed bag of results!

#8 OFFLINE   icanhazc-max

icanhazc-max

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

Addendum: Those Park Assist lines that guide you in reverse (move with the steering) don't work either. :-( Still all in all I can see again backing up...guidelines are still there and sensors warn of proximity. I guess it's pretty much a mixed bag of results!

The colored lines as pictured are not the lines that are intended to move with the steering. There are two WHITE lines that will show, flanking those colored lines, WHEN ENABLED via the control panel settings to the right of the speedometer or somewhere in the head units settings. Look there for the option and enable if desired.

Edited by icanhazc-max, 21 July 2018 - 03:11 PM.

• Noah Harbinger likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·