All Windows found down

Hello,

I am new to the forum and have had a 2013 Cmax SE for about a year without any issues. Twice now I have found in the morning all my windows down. Once, yes during a rain storm! The second thank goodness high and dry. I absolutely know that when I last left the vehicle both times the car windows were up (They are tinted so its easy to tell) and the car locked. The only theory I have had so far besides some electrical failure is the FOB. Is there a combination of buttons that pushed accidently will trigger all the windows to go down. Very Strange!! Other than that the car has been fantastic as its my first hybrid.

Many Thanks,

Stefan

Welcome Bosonob.

I have had that problem.  I ended up putting sticky felt pads on the key to protect accidental pressing of the unlock button which if held for a few seconds lowers all windows.

I have found google is a great way to find stuff on this forum.

I googled "fordcmaxhybridforum.com windows down" https://www.google.com/search?q=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+windows+down&oq=fordcmaxhybridforum.com+windows+down&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2.1098j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

and got this as the first result

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/503-windows-rolled-themselves-today/

Edited by obob

Thank you very much! I did a cursory google search but I guess my search terms were not right as I didn’t get any relavent hits. I tried manually searching through this sight and didn’t see anything.

Again many thanks

I have mentioned searching with google mostly because my experience is searching with the search on this website doesn't work well for me.  Searching for "windows down" using the search at the top of the page selecting "forum" does not get me the results I posted.  If I were coming to this site of for the first time I would assume the search here is similar or better than a google search.

I wasn't at all trying to imply you should have searched better.  Again Welcome.

I have mentioned searching with google mostly because my experience is searching with the search on this website doesn't work well for me.  Searching for "windows down" using the search at the top of the page selecting "forum" does not get me the results I posted.  If I were coming to this site of for the first time I would assume the search here is similar or better than a google search.

I wasn't at all trying to imply you should have searched better.  Again Welcome.

This search thing is weird.  If I have Forums selected and search for windows down (no quotes) I get the expected results with the "Windows rolled themselves today" topic on top.  But some time ago I had out of date software on my computer and Search didn't work at all. ;) 

I've had that same thing happen a couple of times at work.  I wear my keyring on a carabiner in a belt loop, but it's always possible that it got wedged in the office chair somehow.  And yes, if I park close to the building the fob can hit the car from my cube.  I park farther away for the summer; there's only one row in the lot that gets any shade!