MADMAX VS FORD F150V8 drag race

ptjones

I haven't drag raced MADMAX in along time, but today a F150 2015 or earlier V8 tried to pass me on the right from a stop at a light. I was doing my usual EV to 15 mph then ICE to 55mph. Apparently he thought being an Hybrid I would be easy to pass, WRONG :)  He got about a half a car length ahead of me by the time I floured MADMAX , I caught him quickly so he floured it and we went door handle to door handle to 60 mph. He had to slam  on his brakes to keep from hitting a car in front of him and I moved over to the left turn lane, he gave me a thumbs up which I returned. :) I can't get over how FUN this car is to drive.  :yahoo: 

Paul 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Finished my first week pf driving new to me 2014 C-Max.  Like PT I'm always trying to maximize EC mode.  3 rd day of ownership. I'm pulling out of am intersection on a back road and the truck that was following me tried to pass me at about 15mph while still in EV....As he was about even with me I stomped on it and left him in the dust.  Love my "sleeper"