motorcraft-oil

grege

Where can 0w20 motorcraft oil be purchased?  I remember seeing it available ~ 1 year ago, but now even on amazon and online, only 5w20 is available.  Interesting 0w20 is so rare since the cmax manual recommends it specifically.  I'm ok using full sythetic brands, but prefer to try motorcraft's blend (if it's even available!).

Thanks,

Greg

Use Mobil 1 instead of Motorcraft.  At least once a year, Mobil 1 has been offering significant rebates on a 5 quart jug.  Watch for posts as to when.  IIRC, the last rebate ended in May.  Walmart generally has the best price on Mobil 1.

Dealer is probably the best bet for Motorcraft 0W20.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

My 2013 was spec'ed for 5W20, not 0W20 as you note. A great similarity in specs for 0W vs. 5W, combined with the uproar over MPGs, led to a change that not every souce picked up. 

That said, I've gone back to 5W20 because I had high fuel levels in the oil with 0W20. I'll be testing soon, and will report back what I find. 

Have fun,

Frank

• 11 months later...

Mobil 1 rebates are usually 2x a year. Current one expires 9/30. $12 on 5 quarts. Walmart has always had the cheapest price on Mobil 1 that I could find and Mobil honors Walmart as a participating retailer. See the Mobil 1 rebate site. Mobil AFE 0W-20, 5 quarts $21.38 at Walmart less the $12 rebate which you can submit online is $9.38 for 5 quarts.

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

It makes more sense to get Mobil 1 IMO  :)  Lately I have been going to FORD Dealer to get everything checked, oil changed and tires rotated for $30. Also I do it at 26k-30k miles given the ICE only runs half that many miles and My BlackStone Lab test show that the oil is still fine. I currently have 231k miles on MADMAX  :)

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did Ford update the Motor oil recommendation for the 2014 Cmax? When I go to the Ford parts side and enter my vin# to check for recommended oil, it shows No applicable results found for my car. Only the coolant shows up.

According to manual it needs the 0-20 semi blend, but they don't even sell it anymore on their website. I know they updated the spark plug #. ?

Apr 16 2014 4848 -2013 - 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi - Oil Viscosity Specification

For 2014 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi, SAE 0W-20 is the initial fill oil and the recommended service oil. The oil viscosity recommendation of SAE 5W-20 on the oil fill caps on some 2014 Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi vehicles may appear to conflict with the owner guide and other service publications which recommend SAE 0W-20 oil. Both SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil are approved for use in these vehicles. 2013 C-Max, Fusion and MKZ Hybrid/Energi can also be serviced with either SAE 0W-20 oil and SAE 5W-20 oil.

Thanks. I know in the manual it says you can use the 5w20 blend if 0w20 isn't available. But I'd rather use the 0w20 full syn from Mobil 1. My oil fill cap also says 0w20.

I was just wondering if Ford also switched to full syn oil as recommended oil since they took the 0w20 Blend off their website.

On 11/4/2021 at 8:30 PM, Lacienega said:

Thanks. I know in the manual it says you can use the 5w20 blend if 0w20 isn't available. But I'd rather use the 0w20 full syn from Mobil 1. My oil fill cap also says 0w20.

I was just wondering if Ford also switched to full syn oil as recommended oil since they took the 0w20 Blend off their website.

Drove my old Escape Hybrid to just short of 200,000 miles running on 0W-20 Mobil 1 when the manual stated 5W-20.  Have OW-20 in my CMax. 

We have two 2013's the earlier one has a 0W-20 oil cap and the later one has a 5W-20. The few times that I changed the oil I used 5W-20 full synthetic in both of them.  Energi models only need changing every 20,000 miles or every two years. Most of our driving is around town in EV only and the engines hardly ever run, so ours have been every two years.  I guess I could go with the 0W-20 from now on. Thanks for the information.

My 2004 Ford Focus ZTW wagon was really happy on Mobil One 0W-20 - noticeable difference and our now 2 CMaxs are happy with Mobil One as well. The dealer lets me bring Mobil One from Costco so I'm pleased with that approach since it saves a ton of money over either Mobil One dealer supplied or the Ford Synthetic.

• 1 year later...