Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Interior Noise

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDC Metro
  • My C-MAX's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:C max titanium

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:38 AM

new 2018 titanium.

Compared to our 2017, I'm noticing more general interior "ambient" noise, as in general "humming" and even wind noise at highway speeds (best description may be similar to common airplane cabin noise at altitude).   

Car has michelin energy tires which may be contributing.  There's also a rear external humming noise which sounds like either wheel bearing(s) or tire slap noise.  Compared to our 2017 which is much quieter, I'd swear ford has seemingly decreased the material-quality used for this last model year (or I'm simply delusional).  

I've actually ordered some sound deadening mats to lay across the rear of the cabin to see if that will help absorb interior noise.

Anyone else have 2018 vs earlier model comparison to share?

Thanks!

Greg 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jmcgliss

jmcgliss

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicagoland
  • My C-MAX's Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 C-Max SE

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:07 AM

Our 2018 is very quiet overall - better than we expected for the price. Although yesterday with both rear windows cracked open for ventilation there as a "buffeting" / drumming sound that was unbearable until I closed one of the rear windows. It almost sounded like it was being amplified, too. Our other cars are more tolerant of having rear windows down a few inches.

#3 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 711 posts
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

new 2018 titanium.

Compared to our 2017, I'm noticing more general interior "ambient" noise, as in general "humming" and even wind noise at highway speeds (best description may be similar to common airplane cabin noise at altitude).   

Car has michelin energy tires which may be contributing.  There's also a rear external humming noise which sounds like either wheel bearing(s) or tire slap noise.  Compared to our 2017 which is much quieter, I'd swear ford has seemingly decreased the material-quality used for this last model year (or I'm simply delusional).  

I've actually ordered some sound deadening mats to lay across the rear of the cabin to see if that will help absorb interior noise.

Anyone else have 2018 vs earlier model comparison to share?

Thanks!

Greg 

http://fordcmaxhybri...ble-anc-delete/

Sometimes the noise cancellation system gets confused.  Might want to try disabling it.

#4 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDC Metro

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:54 AM

http://fordcmaxhybri...ble-anc-delete/

Sometimes the noise cancellation system gets confused.  Might want to try disabling it.

Thanks!  Will check it out.

Greg

#5 OFFLINE   grege

grege

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationDC Metro

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:56 AM

Our 2018 is very quiet overall - better than we expected for the price. Although yesterday with both rear windows cracked open for ventilation there as a "buffeting" / drumming sound that was unbearable until I closed one of the rear windows. It almost sounded like it was being amplified, too. Our other cars are more tolerant of having rear windows down a few inches.

In the interest of better mileage via better wind resistance, seems newer cars suffer from buffeting more and more.  Not sure if rain guards would help reduce that, but it might.

Greg 

#6 OFFLINE   jmcgliss

jmcgliss

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 43 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationChicagoland
  • My C-MAX's Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 C-Max SE

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

I'll have to try the ANC disconnect.

#7 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 711 posts
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 15 August 2018 - 08:41 PM

That sounds like a common situation with newer more streamlined cars.

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

I eliminate that noise in my c-max by having two front and on back window opened and inch or two.  (all windows also works.)

Edited by obob, 15 August 2018 - 08:43 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·