So, yesterday  the horn stopped working.

but started working today.   I have had the horn not work one or twice previously, but nothing reproducible...  which is the frustration with electrical gremlins.

gonna check the relay and fuses  before I start taking apart the stearing wheel to access the switch or pull the lower engine cover to check the horn itself...

anyone else have any problems with the horn...

obob.  thanks  yeah I did not do a search.  mea culpa...

The main point is that searching this site on google works better for me than searching this site from this site.  I have mentioned this in a lot of posts.  No problem on not doing the search.  Hope your horn situation isn't too big a deal.

Edited by obob

• 4 weeks later...

So, finally had a chance to let one of the mechanics at work take a look.    I had checked the fuse and relay,  no problems.  they plugged in the scan tool, since the horn is controlled through the the body control module, we were able to see that the switch is fine,  and took off the lower covers and found two dead horns. 

test wired up a spare horn and it worked fine.  so the parts supply store dropped off two new horns.    My c-max can make noise again.

• 4 years later...

My horn has not been working (intermittently) for about a month.   Last week it stopped working altogether.   I found out that inside the two plugs attached to the two horns, the metal connectors were heavily corroded and surrounded with moisture.  It has been cold and snowy here in Vancouver, Canada.   I used a toothbrush, alcohol and Q-tips and now the horn is working fine.    Covering the outside of the plugs with silicone, Goop or grease might be a good preventative measure.