Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

servicesd.exe error, and cmax will not start

servicesd.exe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   meenergy

meenergy

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax energi

Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:55 AM

servicesd.exe, and car will not start

Sequence of events,

While driving the main touch screen display and all display lights flickered and flickered momentarily, radio went dead then went back to normal. It repeated this a few more times in a 15 minute time span, I continue driving and got home okay and shut the car off. The next morning the battery was dead, I charged it and it drove fine that day, but the next morning the battery was dead again.

I replaced the battery with a high quality Odyssey battery and the car drove and performed fine no problems for about 2 weeks.

Then one day while driving the main touch sync screen went black and radio went dead, then began to display the message (performing scheduled system maintenance, then reads application servicesd.exe encountered an error and must be shut down) then going black again and repeating with the same message over and over. I made one stop at the store before I went home, got back in the car, car started but the screen continue the same boot loop. I got home and turned car off turned it back on same problem. I decided to disconnect the main battery for 15 minutes in order to see if it reset the problem. When I connected the battery backup I got the following messages and the car would not start.

Service advance trac

Check park aid

Low engine oil pressure

engine coolant over temperature

Tire pressure monitor fault

Service Tire Mobility kit

And the touchscreen continues the reboot loop (Sync performing scheduled system maintenance with servicesd.exe error)

I attempted the disconnect battery routine again to see if it helped and it didn't, exact same thing reoccurs, and car will not start.

The car was towed to the Ford dealer and I was given a $175 starting estimate diagnostic fee. Later that day the dealer informed me the estimate is now $675 for further diagnostics and they required me to buy a Ford battery before they begin. I said ok being that they would not continue if I did not.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2013 c-max Energi

VIN Number: 1FADP5CU0DL537888

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   meenergy

meenergy

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCalifornia
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax energi

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:48 PM

Update: my car has been at the ford dealership 3 weeks now and they still can't figure out what is wrong. I am beginning to think my next move is to pay the ransom money they will charge me for what they have done so far and just have it towed home.

I am putting together a laptop computer with vxdiag-nano adapter, and trying to find the free or low cost ford ids software to run on it.

And with the help I might find here on this forum try to fix it myself.
I appreciate any help I can get!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·