Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Windshield Sun Shade

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   darrelld

darrelld

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 770 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNorth Texas
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium, 2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL 302A

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

I just ordered 2 of these

I received the Into-Tech shade today.  It is by far the best quality and best fit shade that I've owned.  

But probably the best feature is the ease of putting it up and taking it down.  Lay the bottom of the shade on the dash, unfold, slide bottom of shade to bottom of windshield, lift top of shade up to top of windshield and snap in place.   The shade is cut out at the top to bypass the rear view mirror (see the pics on the website) so it slides by the rear view mirror with no bending / contorting the shade.  There is a gap between the top of the windshield and the flexible headliner.  The top of the shade snaps into this gap.  To remove simply push up on the headliner and pull the shade out of the gap. 

It is rather expensive but IMHO it's worth the $59.

I just ordered two of these, one for our daughters 2012 Golf TDI, the other for our C-Max.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

4o degrees and sleet yesterday - 80 degrees forecast for next week.  Just ordered and Intro-Tech sunshade.  Thanks for the great tip.

#23 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 560 posts
  • LocationUS
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

If anyone is looking for a nice Windshield Sun Shade for their C-Max I just purchased the Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade (Part Number FD-55-R) from Auto Anything and it fits the C-Max perfect.  The Intro-Tech shields are a lined shield that folds, rather than roll, up in several hinged sections making it much easier to put in place than the "rollers".    The Ultimate is a "firm" shield that snaps in place from the top to bottom without the use of the sun visors to hold it.  As they age the ends don't curl up like up like the "rollers" on the ends.  Another nice feature is it is reversible which allows you to put the black side out to retain heat to help control frost and icing in theory...I don't get enough ice here, thankfully, to fairly test that claim.   I have been using this brand for several years in various cars and SUV's and have never had any issues or problems.

I just ordered the Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector from AutoAnything(RedLdr1's link) and they gave me a 19% discount if I ordered it this visit, so I did. ( a red/orange[as I recall] window was up with the discount offer. ) 

So for people that haven't gotten one and may want to, perhaps you might want to try to get the website to give you the 19% off or call them to try to get the discount.  I am not sure if I got the offer because it was my first time, or because I came back after a couple weeks (not sure if I looked at it before, but I do occasionally delete cookies).

For those that already bought one, there is a 1-year price guarantee and you may be able to get the 19% off (11.36) sent to you.

My total came to 48.56 shipped and I am getting a free steering wheel cover, though I would rather pay less and not get the cover, but maybe it is a great cover.  It will ship in a few days.

By the way, I just noticed that it may also be possible to get a 3% discount/rebate using Fatwallet.com's fatcash.  (too late now for me, but perhaps it would invalidate the 19% off)

UPDATE: JULY 3, 2013

I have been using the shade for a while and like it, glad I got it.  

Edited by obob, 03 July 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hey every little bit helps so good news on the discount.  I myself was the beneficiary of finding a used Intro-tech for sale here on the forum.  

Anyway, it does reflect heat exceptionally well (I also have dark tint) and fits the windshield very well (no sun visors needed to hold it in place).  It's also very well constructed, thick and sturdy.  Similar ones sold in autoparts stores, walmart, etc are a joke in comparison; however, that's also the one and only downside I can find.  It's big and cumbersome to store.  Other than that, a very big thumbs up!  :rockon: <  not exactly the correct emoticon  :)

#25 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Here's some pics of the intro-tech installed.  Nit-picking:  I think it could fit a little more snug around the mirror area.

4743d3d0-a0d7-42f5-a830-57b5efa9130d_zps

null_zps7f06e886.jpg

Edited by fotomoto, 30 May 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#26 OFFLINE   armoredsaint

armoredsaint

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL 302A/DRL

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

^^^^

looks good - i think if it was more snug around the mirror people will bitch that it's hard to get around it etc...

#27 OFFLINE   Laurel

Laurel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I just ordered the Introtech roll up one for the C-Max on ebay --cost $44 including postage.  Thanks to all for your comments and pictures.

#28 OFFLINE   Noah Harbinger

Noah Harbinger

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 422 posts
  • LocationMetro San Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

Nit-picking:  I think it could fit a little more snug around the mirror area.

Your picture gave me the idea, I wonder if it was left loose to make it possible to insert parking passes, placards underneath it

#29 OFFLINE   Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax

Brother Jus

• Moderators
  • 3,246 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Fernando, CA
  • Current Vehicle:SEL

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

^^^^

looks good - i think if it was more snug around the mirror people will bitch that it's hard to get around it etc...

Heatshield has more coverage around the mirror than this one and its no big dea, just tuck it underneath and the material is pretty flexible.

#30 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Your picture gave me the idea, I wonder if it was left loose to make it possible to insert parking passes, placards underneath it

Possible.  Thanks to your bringing this up, I now realize I'll need to flip my parking placard in front during installation because the auto-wiper black sensor obstructs a view of the card from the outside.  That's enough of a reason for the parking nazi's.  :rant2:

#31 OFFLINE   CarpeNivem

CarpeNivem

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver, CO
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX SE

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I just ordered the Intro-Tech Ultimate Sunshade from autoanything.com, and I have to say, I was very impressed with their customer service. It's likely I'll buy from them again. See, I had a little bit of trouble making the purchase using the $50 gift card which Ford gave me in exchange for test driving the CMax (which seemed like a very appropriate use of that card), but after speaking with customer service, it all worked out in the end, so I'll have one soon. I'm looking forward to it; they really do look super nice!

Thanks for the suggestion, everyone!

PS: If you're not familiar with the $50 test-drive gift card, the way it worked was, my wife and I were looking at the CMax at the Denver Auto Show, along with several other cars. We weren't in the market to actually buy anything; we just enjoy looking at cars. (Isn't that why most people go to those shows?) Anyway, so a Ford representative said if we test-drove a CMax, we'd get a gift card for $50, no strings attached. So we figured, hey, free money, and did it. What we weren't expecting (but clearly Ford was) is that we'd totally love the car, and want to buy one. We would've gotten the gift card either way, but since we did wind up buying a CMax, this seemed, like I said, the perfect use for that card. Yay.  :)

But anyway, point is, AutoAnything's customer service rocks.

Edited by CarpeNivem, 23 July 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#32 OFFLINE   FOX-C-MAX

FOX-C-MAX

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWest Central Florida
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:50 PM

Took RedLdr1's advice and contacted AutoAnything to buy the sunshade, turns out there is a Promo Code - AA10, that gives you a 10% discount. It's only $6.00 but any thing helps. They also were very helpful with the ordering process. I will definetly check with them again when looking for accessories.

#33 OFFLINE   TopherTheME

TopherTheME

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 61 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationMichigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

Do these things really make that big of a difference? I could understand it if you live in Florida or Arizona but for someone who lives in a temperature climate like Michigan is it worth the hassle?

#34 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationSouth Texas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:01 AM

Do these things really make that big of a difference? I could understand it if you live in Florida or Arizona but for someone who lives in a temperature climate like Michigan is it worth the hassle?

Good question.  Here in south Texas the answer is an absolute YES!   It was 109f yesterday (April record) and my car therm was registering 112f after sitting in a parking lot for over an hour.  My intro-tech shield along with my NRG's remote start made it quite bearable when I got in. :yahoo:   

Since you also have an NRG with remote start and live in Michigan, I'd say a shade isn't mandatory but it will always help.  I'd suggest getting a cheaper, ring/circle style fold up version (see pics) and see if A) you think it helps and B) have the determination to use it every time.    This is the type I've used for years as it is so easy to store because they fold together into a small circle that is easily stored between the seats and the center console.  The intro-tech is way more cumbersome to store but it's ability to deflect BTU's more than offsets that issue.

EA7DB98B-3055-4AEE-A47F-E55157A08D15-415

8D593D24-14ED-4276-8F4F-A9953148B0C3-415

#35 OFFLINE   CarpeNivem

CarpeNivem

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:10 PM

I don't know Michigan, but I assume it wouldn't be worth the hassle there, if it's generally cold or pleasant year-round.

In Colorado, a sunshade is only necessary for about half the year, because it doesn't get super hot all that often, but when it does, yes, they absolutely help.

I always tint all side and rear windows, so that helps, but the windshield always lets sun and heat in. With the CMax's windshield being roughly the size of a basketball court, that's a lot of sun getting in, and with it, a lot of heat, so I consider one of these shades more useful in this car than it would be in most.

#36 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 760 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

The other reason for a shade is keeping Sun/UV off the dash.  That concern applies most anywhere and any season.  I don't know how much it really matters but always thought the cracked dashes in older cars was from sun damage.

#37 OFFLINE   CarpeNivem

CarpeNivem

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

Regular application of ArmorAll (or equivalent, I guess) (is there an equivalent, come to think of it?) (well, whatever) should also prevent the dash from cracking. I'm pretty sure you're right that it's UV damage which causes that, but strictly speaking, a sunshade isn't the only way to prevent UV damage. I mean, it's an added benefit, I suppose, but I think the main reason for a sunshade is to block heat.

#38 OFFLINE   zhackwyatt

zhackwyatt

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 829 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:'13 C-Max Sel 303A

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Regular application of ArmorAll (or equivalent, I guess) (is there an equivalent, come to think of it?) (well, whatever) should also prevent the dash from cracking. I'm pretty sure you're right that it's UV damage which causes that, but strictly speaking, a sunshade isn't the only way to prevent UV damage. I mean, it's an added benefit, I suppose, but I think the main reason for a sunshade is to block heat.

I prefer Meguiar's Quick Detailer.  http://www.amazon.co...GK4KALXLQJQ4JTD

Another option is to also put window film on all the windows, including the windshield (clear on the front of course).  I have 3M Crystalline which blocks 99.9% of UV.

• obob likes this

#39 OFFLINE   C-MaxSea

C-MaxSea

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 974 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSeattle, WA USA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL, 303A, Pano Sunroof, Born Aug 2012

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Heatshield (by ProTrim) link:  (Amazon)

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B009Y8AB7Q

Does it hold it's shape over time ............. or buy the Intro Tech Ultimate ???

Edited by C-MaxSea, 05 August 2014 - 10:10 AM.

#40 OFFLINE   RockwallRick

RockwallRick

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

I bought one of those Pro-Trim Sunshades for our C-max but my Wife says its too much trouble to put in

place by herself and she will NOT use it!  Having lived in Texas and Florida I am a firm believer in using

windshield sunblockers!! If anyone wants to buy it I can make you a good deal!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·