Turn Signal Bulb keeps burning out

Hi All, this is my first post. I purchased a certified cmax se about a year ago and when I purchased it I discovered it had a burnt turn signal so I just had the bulb replaced. I have put approx 30,000 miles on the car and have had to replace the bulb two more times which seems unusal. No other bulbs have burnt out and its the front driver side turn signal...the round amber bulb. Has anybody else had a similar problem? When you look at the contacts of the bulb it appears there is a small burn spot so not sure if there is a short in system. The mechanic suggested excessive heat might be the problem and thought maybe a LED bulb may work better. Has anyone tried a LED bulb?

• 7 months later...

Been awhile since your post, but my driver side turn bulb stopped working, or worked

very intermittently starting a few days ago. Difficult to get to as the headlamp ass'y would

not come out. Managed to replace it and now working but I noticed the burn marks on one

contact (betcha that one goes to the turn signal filament) as you had. Looks like maybe it's

arcing and melting the plastic enough to partially cover the contact. Both filaments in my old

bulb still work fine, but I guess you can anticipate additional failures...I will theorize that this

happens when you have the emergency blinkers on for awhile, so the arcing at the contact gets

hot enough to melt the plastic.

The Sylvania bulbs come in two-packs....got a spare for next time.