Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Oil Change Indicator

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   danlee

danlee

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationDelaware
  • My C-MAX's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:CMAX Hybrid

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:10 AM

I purchased a new 2017 CMAX last year(2017). It now has over 9000 miles, and I have not had an oil change. I have been waiting for an Oil Change indication on the dash, but have not seen any. What should I be looking for? 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 633 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

Assuming they haven't changed it, when you start the car the left side informational display will pop up with an oil change reminder -- and it should pop up every time you start the car until it is reset.

It should show up after about one year or 10,000 miles since the last time it was reset.

• ptjones likes this

#3 OFFLINE   DarenHayes

DarenHayes

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 39 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada
  • Current Vehicle:Cmax Hybrid SEL

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

mine just showed up this morning after a  300km trip yesterday (which  i got almost 40mpg on).. i just had my engine oil changed 5000km ago , synthetic , it was in late june.. huh ? i should get at least another 1000 km .. i was planning on doing it soon , but still... the warning never appeared before, i left the oil in from december to june and drove about 9000km (VERY COLD winter), im finding this strange. 

#4 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 711 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

mine just showed up this morning after a  300km trip yesterday (which  i got almost 40mpg on).. i just had my engine oil changed 5000km ago , synthetic , it was in late june.. huh ? i should get at least another 1000 km .. i was planning on doing it soon , but still... the warning never appeared before, i left the oil in from december to june and drove about 9000km (VERY COLD winter), im finding this strange. 

If you got the oil changed at a dealer, they should have reset it though sometimes that can get left undone.  Not having it reset did happen to me once from a dealer oil change.  If you got it done at a non-Ford dealer I wouldn't bet that it was reset but there may be a sticker on the windshield or door indicating when the oil change was done and at what mileage.  My understanding is that the oil indicator comes on to allow the oil to be changed once a  year or every 10000 MILES or less if a lot of stop and go driving.

#5 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 899 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Instructions for resetting it are in the manual.  Crazy sequence involving holding both pedals down - I have to look it up every time.

#6 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,431 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Yeah; 10K miles is more like 16.7K kilometers, but a year is always a year. Adding it up, you're pushing 15K Km at 10 months, so it's probably distance triggering it.

I get my oil analyzed, at 10K changes, so look for a thread. At least one high-mileage member is using extended intervals. I just sent in a sample, so I can tell you the oil reset procedure:

- turn on/push and hold button for 2 sec.  

- press both pedals and hold for "in process" then a long wait, then "completed" messages.

Have fun,

Frank

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·