Approaching 60K miles on C-Max - Appropriate Ford service

I don't drive my 2013 C Max a lot (about 10K a year) and I'm approaching the point for my 10K oil change and whatever other service is needed at 60K miles.  Car runs fine.

The Ford website brings up a long laundry list of needed 60K service items, with a total cost of $575, plus additional $99.95 if I got the rack and pinion service.  I have an extended warranty for up to 80K miles, if that's relevant.

Which of these additional service items do you think I should get?  I tried to copy the list but the website wouldn't let me do it.  In addition to oil change and the usual inspections  it includes replacing air filter, hvac air filter, automatic transmission fluid exchange,cooling system fluid exchange, fuel/air induction service (whatever that is) and, as an option for an additional $99.95, rack and pinion fluid exchange.

I've omitted issues for tires, balancing, alignment, since I'll be putting on my winter tires pretty soon and normally have this stuff dealt with by the tire store (which does the changeover "for free" as part of the deal for having bought the winter tires there in the first place.)  Although this site shows me living in St. Louis, I now live in Portland, Maine, hence the need for winter tires.

I do assume the Ford dealer will check the brakes though.

Since I don't want to raise any issues about the validity of the extended warranty (which I've used successfully) I'm continuing to have service done by my Ford dealer as long as the warranty is in effect, which should be for about another year or so.

Advice?     Thanks!

Edited by AudenHoggart

Have you ever had the brake system flushed? If not, I would add that to the oil and filter change. I would also do the tranny fluid, but really don't know how critical that might be on this car.

I don't think you need to mess with the brake fluid when you hardly use them. I have 212k mi. on mine and haven't done anything with them.  Trans is 150k mi. per Owners Manual. :)

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I'd ask the dealer why they're suggesting unnecessary service! Paul's got the right items. 

As to brake fluid, the stuff is "hydroscopic" or water loving; it will suck moisture through the brake lines and turn black. That's a big problem if your brakes ever get hot. The water will vaporize and you'll lose your brakes. No one will let you on a race track without brand new, clear brake fluid. 

Yet it's not on the list. The brakes aren't supposed to last that long, I guess!

Have fun,

Frank, who just hit 60K and is doing none of the above (only 5K miles on the oil, awaiting report)

Edited by fbov