Missing Passenger Fender Insulation?

icanhazc-max

2013 SEL

Back from the stealership today where they haphazardly installed a replacement passenger-side fender well lining; PO had damaged the original who knows how...

After bringing it back home to correct the grossly negligent install mistakes, I noticed there is insulation in the drivers-side fender, but not in the passengers side -- it's COMPLETELY hollow. Did the shop, as I suspect, hastily rip out the insulation with the old fender lining and fail to replace it OR is there, by default, no insulation in the passenger side? This is observed by popping the hood and looking down into the fender gap where the hood hinge is located.

EDIT: I would have provided pics, but it's now past sundown here...

Edited by icanhazc-max

Does it look sort of like shaggy carpet/foam? If so, it is fairly malleable so if they were moving things around in there it could have fallen out. But I definitely have some.  

Thank you for the response, Kyle. 

Yes, it looks like a type of grey recycled material akin to upholstery batting.

A shame that it seems mine has been removed. I've a right mind to give the stealership what-for due to royally screwing up this installation and prior services  :rant2:

Anyone know where I can get something similar to fill the space WITHOUT again removing the entire fender lining? -- it requires removing the wheel and I've not the tools for that job, hence the stealerships involvement prior. With the gap near the hood hinge, looks like something can be stuffed in there. I'm thinking maybe even a type of spray foam?

I fear the main purpose of the insulation was for sound and that once I start hitting highway speeds the sound intrusion is going to be awful...

Edited by icanhazc-max