Turn off "Courtesy wipe" wiper function

Hi there:

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the "courtesy wipe"? This is when you spray your windshield and the wipers to their thing...and then there is a brief pause and then they give one more final wipe. While I'm sure loads of people like this function, I HATE IT! I live in Canada, and lots of the time during the winter, I will be following along in traffic and salty misty gets kicked back onto my windshield. I have to use the spray every once in a while to clear, but that final wipe always results in a streak-job that makes me have to spray again. Then repeat. And again.

Anyway, long-winded way to ask: does anyone know how to turn this feature off?

I too find the "courtesy wipe" ineffective (especially if there is salty mist that accumulates on a now dry windshield right before the courtesy smear...I mean wipe).

I am not aware of any option in the on-dash display setting to configure this. Perhaps someone does and can chime in.

I have found a way to manually circumvent the courtesy wipe: Quick momentary (0.5 second) pulls on the washer stalk will spray the window without automatically activating the follow-up wiper action (and courtesy wipe). After a few quick momentary pulls to get sufficient spray coverage, I then manually use the single wipe feature (momentary downward stalk motion)  one or two times to clean off washer fluid (without the annoying delayed courtesy wipe).

Edited by Zathrus

it irritates me too... especially when the windshield is already dry and it swipes again (not good for wipers) .. anyway, if u gently of quickly tug for wiper fluid (it will shoot out a half a spray), the wipers will not be  triggered, then u can just wipe  once but pushing down on the wiper switch (one wipe).